• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from South London/kent

Kentlisa

I I've just had an initial consultation with Mr El-Husain at Princess Royal, Orpington and he has suggested I attend an information session. Can anybody tell me the procedure from initial consultation to surgery please? I live in Bexley Borough. Thank you

Hi Lisa,
I can tell you what happened with me, it was all very quick.

Had my consultation with a surgeon at THG, they weighed me, informed me what I should expect from the band and the surgery and asked me if I had any questions?

I then waited around 20 minutes and then saw the Patient Care Co-ordinator, she went through the basics with me. Payment, deposit, what would happen next (in terms of speaking to the nurse and dietician), and then asked me for some basics. Doctors info, Medical history etc.

I then got a call a few days later, was told I was eligible. So I paid my deposit and booked a day when I'd like the op.

Was then called by a Nurse who took asked me to see my Doc for a blood pressure reading and then call her back with it.

Was then called by a Dietician who ran me through my pre-op diet and sent me some emails on what I should be doing to follow.

My patient care co-ordinator has been in touch to let me know I'll be told 48hrs before my op what time I'm due in.

Far as I know next step is just to go up there and get it done in 12 days!

Oh I'm also from Bexley :)

Thank you for the reply, eighteenstone girl. Good luck with your pre op diet. I am having my surgery hopefully on the NHS.

I hope the pre-op becomes easier for you xx

Back