• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie under Mr El Hasani at Orpington/Pru

Kentlisa

Hello all

My name is Lisa, i'm from Bexleyheath and I've seen Mr El Hasani at Pru, for an initial my consultation. I have been overweight my whole adult life. My bmi now is 54.1. I do not have any co-mobidities. He has agreed the best surgery for me is a bypass, which i'm pleased about. He is inviting me to an information session but i'm not sure what happens from here in, I was in such a spin that he was pleasant with me that I forgot to ask so many questions.

Does anybody know how often they hold information sessions? or how long I will have to wait for surgery or what the process is. Somebody mentioned that as my BMI is higher than 50 that I may not have to jump through so many hoops.

Many thanks in advance for any support. x

desperate2lose

Hi Lisa
I had El Hassani as my surgeon. It was private funding. So I don't know what they expect you to do. I was just over 50 bmi but was suggested that I reduce it to under 50 before the surgery. The liquid diet took care of it. The surgeon is very competent and knows his stuff . He also recommended bypass for me. Never had any regrets. So you are in good hands.

Kentlisa

Hi desperatetolose

Mr El Husain gave me the pre-op diet, but it wasn't the liquid one it was no carbs. I wonder why the same surgeon does different for private vs nhs?

Well done on your surgery. I just wished I'd asked more questions whilst there but I was in a daze, and probably surprised how much nicer he was than I'd expected after reading about him.

BandedHun

Hi kentlisa,

I just had Mr El-Hasani last Saturday do my band. It really isn't a case of private vs NHS because the provider who I went thru privately have me ALL different pre op diets but Mr El Hasani said to me the Milk / liquid diet is very hard to stick with so he personally devised a ultra low carb diet ( I bet it's the white meat/fish green veggies and no dairy?) he's so very particular and a perfectionist and to give overweight persons a better chance he sought that the low carb diet has a better "sticking too" success rate. The old milk/liquid diet isn't so up to date ( as far as he advised me when I had my consultation- I asked him loads)

You are in great hands. Try your hardest to get your BMI down pre op as he is perfectionist and all will be perfect.

Good luck on your journey! We are all here to help xx

Kentlisa

Thank you Bandedhun for explaining. I'm still attending SW classes and will continue to try and lose weight as I think the wait might be a long one. Good luck with your journey x

BandedHun

You will be fine darlin! Your doing everything you can.

Your in great hands xx