• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from Yorkshire

Hi and welcome!

I'm in Leeds :) at SJUH too

Ellie
Hi Ellie. Good to meet a fellow Jimmy's patient.

Where are you at with your wls journey? Have you been offered surgery yet?

I am there tomorrow in Dr Barth's clinic although not sure if I am seeing him or Mary. This appointment is post surgery agreement appt. with Dr Metha three weeks ago.

Hi Ellie. Good to meet a fellow Jimmy's patient.

Where are you at with your wls journey? Have you been offered surgery yet?

I am there tomorrow in Dr Barth's clinic although not sure if I am seeing him or Mary. This appointment is post surgery agreement appt. with Dr Metha three weeks ago.

I'm waiting for a date for surgery. Admissions secretary keeps saying "we're hoping for February/March - next one ovs April!" I saw Dr Barth up until last Sept time when he referred me to the surgeon. Surgeon is Mr Dexter. I'm having the bypass. I've not been asked back to Dr Barth's clinic.

I've an appointment with Mary soon, this was to be my first appointment since surgery but still waiting for surgery! I must ring actually and ask if we need to rearrange.

I'm in the by-band-sleeve study as well.

Ellie

I'm waiting for a date for surgery. Admissions secretary keeps saying "we're hoping for February/March - next one ovs April!" I saw Dr Barth up until last Sept time when he referred me to the surgeon. Surgeon is Mr Dexter. I'm having the bypass. I've not been asked back to Dr Barth's clinic.

I've an appointment with Mary soon, this was to be my first appointment since surgery but still waiting for surgery! I must ring actually and ask if we need to rearrange.

Ellie
Yes, I was led to believe they were behind with the waiting list. Hope you hear soon. I was invited to be part of the By Band Study and having researched it, and stressed about the choice of procedure not being mine, and interviewed, I was then told I wasn't eligible because I had a hernia which meant they couldn't do the bypass! What a waste of time and money. If they had checked my medical records before inviting me they would have seen this!! Oh well ,may know more later today...

Hi @SAM55 ,
Im in Scarborough, got offered Hull, Leeds, or York. I chose York. So don't think i can be of any help either. Although when i first got referred it was about 2 years ago. Not the hospitals fault for the lenght of time. As changed my mind twice (Nerves got the better of me, near to my date) This is my last chance! Im guessing the way they are talking ...2-3 months more before i get my date. If i had'nt change my mind in the first place...i think it would have only taken me 15months from been feferred to date...which i think i was lucky by reading some peoples posts.
But wish you evey success with you getting your op, And to better health.
Good Luck! x

Hi @SAM55 ,
Im in Scarborough, got offered Hull, Leeds, or York. I chose York. So don't think i can be of any help either. Although when i first got referred it was about 2 years ago. Not the hospitals fault for the lenght of time. As changed my mind twice (Nerves got the better of me, near to my date) This is my last chance! Im guessing the way they are talking ...2-3 months more before i get my date. If i had'nt change my mind in the first place...i think it would have only taken me 15months from been feferred to date...which i think i was lucky by reading some peoples posts.
But wish you evey success with you getting your op, And to better health.
Good Luck! x
Hi Sunshine

I can understand the nerves getting to you near the date (although I have no date yet but should have, and have felt like giving up). Three weeks ago I spoke to the Business Manager at Leeds about the long waiting list, and was offered the option of moving over to the York waiting list as it was shorter. I refused because of distance and follow up, but hopefully you will hear soon. Hang in there, we can do it. :)

Ellie
How are you doing Ellie? I haven't been on the Forum for some weeks, but see you have recently had a surgery date. Hope all has gone well.

Back