• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie gastric wrap!!! Any tips and comments would be helpful

big dee

Hi there people, just new on here looking for support and would like to share information. Just had my gastric wrap over a week ago.

should have a few more days until my 2nd stage of diet. going from clear liquids to slightly thicker etc.

any info on peoples diets though day to day and the stage they are at post op.

many thanks

please be gentle :)

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
:thread_moved: Hi and good luck on your journey, I have moved your thread into the wrap section :D

sharynt

hi Dee, I haven't had my wrap yet but hoping to in the next few months! There are quite a few lovely people who will be able to share their experiences with you x

nikkita

any info on peoples diets though day to day and the stage they are at post op.

many thanks

please be gentle :)

Hello! I am 2 weeks post wrap and moved on to mushy foods yesterday! For brekkie I had one weetabix with skimmed milk, went down fine and stayed down, non pain at all! Lunch I had 2 wholegrain ryvita crackerbread with Philadelphia light, again went down and stayed down! For tea I had a cottage pie but had a few fork fulls too many as I ended up quite uncomfortable and in pain for twenty mins but it passed and now I know how much is too much for my wrap! Today I had weetabix for brekkie again and lunch I ha a cheese and onion quiche which I cut the pastry of and had the filling and for tea I had a Cumberland pie. I feel so much better being on mush than liquids and apart from my blip everything has gone down great! Good luck with your journey through the stages. X

sarahloveswelshcobs

I'm 2 months out.

Food has never made me sick .... I can tolerate pretty much anything.

I've stalled last 3 weeks - so done a vast change last couple of days and the scales were finally showing on the way back down again this am.

Typical breakfast - 100g of greek yogurt (plain) plus a small sqit of easiyo fruit squirt or a scrambled egg and a crispbake (from Sainsburys- they're about 38cal)
Lunch - two ryvita plus small tin weightwatchers tuna in tomato herb dressing (the tuna tins are 80cal) or a mug of soup
snack ideas- small banana, an orange or handful cherry tomatoes , 15g of popcorn kernels cooked in a glass bowl in microwave with some spices (70cal)
dinner - something around the 350 > 400 cal mark - such as small cottage pie, a portabello mushroom stuffed with some couscous and a tiny bit of cheese on top, a chicken breast marinated in lemon juice and black pepper - maybe with some chilli oil.... a few carrot chips - ie carrots microwaved to start them off, toss in a tiny drizzle of oil, some fennel seeds and salt then baked.

Went out for lunch on bank holiday monday. Shared a cottage pie with my 4yo - we had half each - rather than ordering him a kids meal as he didnt fancy kids menu !

3 > 4 nights a week I'm also swimming 1km - so burning about 300cal a time. I'm thinking I havent lost last few weeks as started swimming at the same time. Feel a bit trimmer though

I can eat ANYTHING I fancy - bread, potatoes, pasta etc. Had a bacon sandwich (2 slices of bread, 2 bacon - crusts all cut off) at the weekend. Ate the bacon and about 1/2 the bread. In general, I'm trying to avoid bread and pasta however

Hope that helps.

mrs df

Hi Dee,

I'm on mushy food after my wrap on 20/5.

Unlike Nikkitas, my provider has stated most emphatically that the mushy stage is proper puréed food so things like mash pots/mash veg/cottage cheese/thicker soup/yoghurt etc. I am also only allowed 150 mls at a time which I measure with an American 1/3 cup measure using 2 scoops. They also said that the food I eat should be of a low cal low fat diet type.

Apparently this is because your stomach needs time to set as it can easily be stretched in the early stages. I am on this stage til week 6 when I can eat anything (trying each new thing one per day to make sure of no adverse reaction) but still only in 150ml servings. After each 6 month period I can increase the amount by 2x tablespoons until I am maintaining my weight.

I think you have to follow your own providers guidelines as you will see from this forum that we all seem to have been given different plans to follow.
Who was your surgeon and where did you have your op? There will be lots of people here who have the same provider as you and can give you lots of help.

Welcome to the wrappers losers bench and good luck. Keep us posted with your progress

:)x

big dee

Good Morning Guys.... thats great news excellent info its a great help. in regards to some of you eating Rivita after 2 weeks post opp thats great. i would of though they would be too crispy/hard but am sure you just chew lots and lots.

well thats great! i shall post my daily diet later tonight.

thanks x

nikkita

Good Morning Guys.... thats great news excellent info its a great help. in regards to some of you eating Rivita after 2 weeks post opp thats great. i would of though they would be too crispy/hard but am sure you just chew lots and lots.

well thats great! i shall post my daily diet later tonight.

thanks x

I was advised I must chew it well and they are actually the melt in your mouth kind and by the time you have chewed it well there is barely anything left in your mouth! Every provider is different and advises different things, I'm only allowed maximum of 100ml/g per meal so I'm well jel of mrs df! Lol. Again this stage for me is for 4 weeks so takes me to the 6 week point and then I'm told to introduce a normal standard diet. X

mrs df

I was advised I must chew it well and they are actually the melt in your mouth kind and by the time you have chewed it well there is barely anything left in your mouth! Every provider is different and advises different things, I'm only allowed maximum of 100ml/g per meal so I'm well jel of mrs df! Lol. Again this stage for me is for 4 weeks so takes me to the 6 week point and then I'm told to introduce a normal standard diet. X

Hhahaha ,Nikki, I was well jel of your quiche
:) x

mrs df

Hey guys,

Shall I start a new thread for people to post their daily diets for mushy stage? It might give us all some new ideas.
Likewise, someone can start one for after 6 week stage.
Thoughts? Happy losing everyone!!!

nikkita

Hey guys,

Shall I start a new thread for people to post their daily diets for mushy stage? It might give us all some new ideas.
Likewise, someone can start one for after 6 week stage.
Thoughts? Happy losing everyone!!!

Yes that sounds great. X