• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric wrap booked! Yikes!!

manfa

Hi i am a nervous newbie!!
So nice to read all your stories here.
A bit about myself...... I am 39 yrs old 5ft 1 and weigh 85kgs. Have PCOS and EDS type 3 both of these problems have lead to my weight gain over the last 7 years tried lots of diets lost and gained etc....
Can't take being like this anymore so am booked for a gastric wrap with CB. Grabbed the bull by the horns and am off in 2 weeks eeekkkk!! Have started my pre op diet and just want to get it over an done with now to start this new chapter of my
Life. Any wrappers out there who can share tips and advice please chime in. It would br greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for reading this and good luck to everyone on their personal journeys with WLS

Xxx

great news manfa, good luck :) xxx

Hi, I'm a Sleever who went with CB 0n 20-06-2012,you'll be really well cared for by them. Also not forgetting the lovely Dr. Cierny and his staff. Victoria x

manfa said:
A bit about myself...... I am 39 yrs old 5ft 1 and weigh 85kgs. Have PCOS and EDS type 3 both of these problems have lead to my weight gain over the last 7 years tried lots of diets lost and gained etc....
Can't take being like this anymore so am booked for a gastric wrap with CB. Grabbed the bull by the horns and am off in 2 weeks eeekkkk!! Have started my pre op diet and just want to get it over an done with now to start this new chapter of my
Life. Any wrappers out there who can share tips and advice please chime in. It would br greatly appreciated :)

Thanks for reading this and good luck to everyone on their personal journeys with WLS

Xxx

Hellooooooooo fellow soon to be wrapper :)

Well done on getting your date.. I also went with CB was wrapped up on 22/5.. And I have lost 35lbs since my Pre op.. I'm very happy..

Tips..... Stay at the hotel the night before you fly if you have to travel far.. I stayed in the radisson it was lush
Don't pack to much... You really do not need it.. If you have to think "will I need this?" then don't take it...
The hospital can be quite warm.. There is air con.. But take a mini fan.
I spent £20 and that was on food the night before going to hospital and a tip for the nurses . You really don't need the £50..
There is loads of magazines etc... And WIFI so u can keep in touch with us lot... Heehee.
The best bit was the endoscopy... I was dreading it and in tears walking to the room.. But I was with the fairies. Dont know what they gave me, but I wouldn't mind some more... Lol
All else I can say is relax... It is slightly uncomftable after the op with wind... But I was up out of Bed in ICU 2 hours after my op using the loo... The whole operation day will go so quickly and you will be back in your room before you know it.

Good luck Hun and keep us posted.. Michael and debs are lovely and DR Cierny is a legend xxx

Thanks girls!! Claire-Anna thanks for the tips :)

Would i be able to drive home from the airport? I was thinking of driving to the airport and leaving my car there as i am not very mobile (i use a walking stick) and find public transport hard to use.

Haven't heard a bad thing about CB that is why i booked with them.
Just soooo nervous about leaving my precious 4 yr old for 5 days. We have never been apart for more than a day, i will miss him terribly! But i am doing this partly for him so i can be healthier like i used to be :)

manfa said:
Thanks girls!! Claire-Anna thanks for the tips :)

Would i be able to drive home from the airport? I was thinking of driving to the airport and leaving my car there as i am not very mobile (i use a walking stick) and find public transport hard to use.

Haven't heard a bad thing about CB that is why i booked with them.
Just soooo nervous about leaving my precious 4 yr old for 5 days. We have never been apart for more than a day, i will miss him terribly! But i am doing this partly for him so i can be healthier like i used to be :)

I got the train from Wales and my friend picked me up when i returned. I was too tired to drive nearly 4 hours... Some other ladies that came out same day stayed in the travel lodge for a night then drove up to Manchester... Another lady drove to Portsmouth and I think she regretted it... I suppose it depends how long your journey is..

I would reccomend upgrading to priority boarding.. Booked in advance its £10.. Is worth it coming back as there's a big queue..and as your not too mobile.. I jst went straight on..

Your future will be a lot better for u and your boy... If you are taking computer/ iPhone or iPad make sure u have skype so you can keep in touch.. Xx

Hi Manfa,

I stayed the night before the flight in the Holiday Inn Express (Not as plush and Radisson but very good and New) for £95 including up to 8 days parking.

The evening i arrived back I drove to a friends in Bedford. I could have stayed longer with her if I'd not felt well,but on the Sunday I felt only slight discomfort. So I drove 200 miles back home to North Wales with no issues.

2 things to note 1) I am a sleever (so not so much gas and 2) I do drive 50000+ miles a year between my job and liesure so I'm used to motorway and mixed road driving. Victoria x

hello Manfa

Wow x x well done you for taking the plunge x x exactly what i want to do ASAP x x i am still waiting to hear from CB x i had a call last wrek to say Dr was on holiday until Sunday but i still havent heard a thing?? im having alot of contact from Ss so was thinking on having surgery with this company x i think they both work side by side??

i too have PCOS :'( :'( bad thing to have when trying to loose weight :'( :'( ive suffered with it sinve i was 13 x my sistet being the same it has caused us all sorts of problems diabeties, fertility problems etc etc x x im just so ready to start a fresh once ive had my surgery x x please keep us posted with your journey x x

Claire and Wendy x x did you both gly from Manchester with CB ?? I thought they only haf flights from Stanstead which is leaning me more towards SS ? ? ? X thanks ladies x x x x

wildchild said:
Hi Manfa,

I stayed the night before the flight in the Holiday Inn Express (Not as plush and Radisson but very good and New) for £95 including up to 8 days parking.

The evening i arrived back I drove to a friends in Bedford. I could have stayed longer with her if I'd not felt well,but on the Sunday I felt only slight discomfort. So I drove 200 miles back home to North Wales with no issues.

2 things to note 1) I am a sleever (so not so much gas and 2) I do drive 50000+ miles a year between my job and liesure so I'm used to motorway and mixed road driving. Victoria x

I'm going to be driving home after sleeve in Prague from the airport. Reassuring you were able to manage it...200 miles and country lanes to N.Wales a few days post op! Amazing!! Lol

Victoria, nice profile pic :) can you leave your car at holiday inn (if you stay there)whilst away and then pick it up after? My drive home would be an hour, i am in North London.

I have had laparoscopic surgery before so i think i would be able to cope with gas and drving.

Beyonce hi thanks for the welcome x PCOS sure does suck :-(

manfa said:
Victoria, nice profile pic :) can you leave your car at holiday inn (if you stay there)whilst away and then pick it up after? My drive home would be an hour, i am in North London.

I have had laparoscopic surgery before so i think i would be able to cope with gas and drving.

Beyonce hi thanks for the welcome x PCOS sure does suck :-(

Not too far away then u should be fine... I used to live in north London.. Colindale..

It's not so much with the laparoscopic that gives u wind it's the wrap itself hun.. Dr C will be folding ur stomach in ands that's how we get more windy than other types if surgery.. But it is bareable.. :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

[QUOTE="x i am still waiting to hear from CB x i had a call last wrek to say Dr was on holiday until Sunday but i still havent heard a thing??

Claire and Wendy x x did you both gly from Manchester with CB ?? I thought they only haf flights from Stanstead which is leaning me more towards SS ? ? ? X thanks ladies x x x x[/QUOTE]

Strange u haven't heard anything. Have u Defo got the right number????

I Went from stansted hun x x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

yes hun x x a Dr called me last week from CB x he told me the surgon was away and would be back on Sunday but up to now i havent heard anything since?? x x im a little sad as i really liked the idea of going with CB hun x x x hope you are well anyway x x x your so helpful x x its lovely x x x x :-D

Beyonce,
CB's number is a uk number, no doctors on that number just Michael from CB as i understand it.

Did you ring the correct number? I have spoken to Michael numerous times this week and last week on the phone as i only booked and paid for it last friday. Hope you get to talk to someone real soon to answer any ?'s you may have. I have had nothing but good dealings with CB so far :) good luck xx

Claire-Anna you are a wealth of info :) thanks i know colindale quite well i am in hampstead

Manfa x x i so dumb x x ha ha x x i think i actually spoke to Michael but he definitely said the surgon was on holiday or somebody was on holiday that he gad to confirm my details with anyway ?? x x he told me he would be intouch and i havent heard anything since ?? x x i have had alot of dealongs with SS now so maybe they are intouch with each other and he can see im dealing with SS??? i wouldnt know x i just know they pass over clients if the clinic has too many on there books x x x x i bet ur so excited hun x x x x

Beyonce i just hope you get to talk to someone soon whatever clinic you decide :) let me know how you get on xxx when are you thinking of booking for?

Not sure about excitement? Maybe a tad but more like..... Nervous, frightened, disappointment that i have to resort to surgery as my last resort, trepidation about having it done abroad, scared about saying goodbye to my beloved son for five days, and that i hopefully come back in one piece!!! Thats just a few of the things i am feeling right now lol!

Anyone of those judgementalists (whom we all know are everywhere) who think we are taking the easy option must be out of their tiny minds.

Wow x x that was powerful x x and has never a truer word been said !!! x x im actually close to tears :'( x x i have been pulled from pillar to post making this decision alone x x my mum has just called in to say she is behind me for all she wants is to see me happy again x x we have had a very few hard years im a single mum and she has just said to me i just want you to be safe as you are still my baby x x x bless her x x x

Hi Manfa,

Sorry missed this thread somehow, Yes you leave your car in the car par at Holiday Inn. You take ticket at barrier and retain for when you return to uk. When you have parked go and check in at hotel, giving your car reg No. They give you a tag to put in your car. On return to uk you go to the reception and get your ticket activated put it in exit barrier then your on the open road on your way home simples lol..

NOTE: Breakfast in the hotel is excellant also as it is eat as much as you like buffet. Saves looking and paying through the nose at airport. TY for comments about profile pic. Victoria x

Thanks for getting back to me Victoria, i certainly will consider the hotel and the parking :)

Xxx

Congrats!!! This is the beginning of a life you can't possibly imagine. I am 42, pcos, bad back, knees and three year old twins that I couldn't even get on the floor to play with. Thanks you Dr Cierny, Debs and Michael I am getting my life back. I feel great and now think anything is possible. Everyday I feel like that scene in Willie Wonka where the children walk through the magic door where everything is edible. Although in my fantasy it's clothes trees. LOL

Back