• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie-Got a date for first consultation

Sarahmaria

Hi guys, names sarah.tried to post this on the sleeve forum but guess it belongs here. New to posting but hae been reading the forum for a while now. Finally decided to take the wls plunge few weeks ago. Tried every diet imaginable;
Weight watchers (lost a stone, put on two)
Slimming world (lost 2 stone, put back on 1)
Lipotrim (lasted 2 days)
Boot camp (lost 8lb in a week but put it all on plus more when i got back)
Alli (lasted 2 days)
Slimfast (lasted 2 days)
Calorie counting (lost 2 stone, put it all back on)
Exercising (last a week)
Etc etc

So i guess iv come to the conclusion that wls is my only option. Im in my late 20s, have pcos, achey back/knees, high cholesterol and severe depression which are all largely related to my weight.
Im an emotional eater-jobs v.v.v.stressful and food is the only thing which calms me.

After researching eerything i think te sleeve is prob best suited to me. Im from ireland so my options are a bit more limited as have to plane travel. At the minute im toying between wlsgroup and ameet patel in london. Anyome got any advice on either option?

Really glad this forum exista. You are all very inspiring.
Sarah
Xoxo

Welcome to the site and good luck!! Unfortunately as I'm an NHS patient, I can't give any advice as to who you choose to perform your op ;) x x

Last edited:
hey sarah, welcome to the site and good luck :) xxx

Hi Sarah!

I'm pretty much in the same position sick of yo/yo dieting! I turn 30 in October. and I wd love to b able to ware a dress! I'm going to Brussels for my surgery. Where u planning urs? X

Thanks guys. Am undecided between wls group in birmingham or manchester or somewhere or london with mr patel. Have consultation with wls gruop next week so maybe they will sway me!!

I'm going through wls group going to Brussels as it was £1500 cheaper! Plus 3days with no kids sounds pretty good haha. Had a look at the pre op diet! It's gonna b tough hehe sooo ready the challenge tho! :) x

Sarahmaria said:
Thanks guys. Am undecided between wls group in birmingham or manchester or somewhere or london with mr patel. Have consultation with wls gruop next week so maybe they will sway me!!

I went with them in Sheffield. Im not sure what aftercare is required for you but for me as a bander I have somewhere local for extra fills do when you see Steve and Wendy you may want to establish how often you're likely to need to go back afterwards?

Good luck kirsty! Let me know how it goes. N its great ul be getting a wee holiday to brussels out of it too!!

Ta jo-yeah it just ocurred to me that i dont really know the score with aftercare. Jeez i better start writing down questions to ask them cus iv got a million at the mo.

Xx

Thanks kirabear!

Xo

hiya im new to this forum im also from Ireland and is strongly considering going with wls group i would love some advice is the aftercare good in ireland and are u covered here if u ave a complications i have read some great reviews about wls group so excited ave only waited for this for like ten years eek :))

Back