• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie here

Butterfly_lady

Hiya after many many months of researching I have finally decided that a gastric bypass is for me (privately funded) I am unsure where to start, there seem to be so many companies I know I don't want to go abroad, I am 5ft 4" and around 21st so I really NEED this, it just seems so daunting :(:cry:

Hi and welcome, have you tried the NHS route - I'm assuming you have?

If so, I would start locally first. You are right there are lots of companies out there but not that many surgeons. You will probably find a good surgeon works for a variety of providers. Research your provider, your surgeon, check their aftercare package etc - then off you go!

Good luck xx

No I've not tried the NHS way but now I have decided I need it ASAP patience isn't my forte :(

Forgot to say I am in Birmingham

Welcome to the forum xx

Welcome to the forum xx

Thanks I have really enjoyed reading the different threads, the before/after pics are amazing I can only dream of doing one of those :sigh:

:welcome: Welcome butterfly & good luck in what ever you decide :)

Welcome, and good luck. I know what you mean with patience, I'm not good with that either but couldn't afford private so Went the NHS route. Worked out fine for me but took me a year because they are very strict and expect you to work with them first. So I don't blame you there, hope you find the right provider.

Cheers guys :)

Dolan park private hospital part of the hospital group is in Birmingham, many excellent surgeons work there as well as for the NHS.. Only saying cos it's near, I had band there with Mr Alan Li and all was good so far! (Only 1 week ago)
U need somewhere local for your fills and checkups.

Dolan park private hospital part of the hospital group is in Birmingham, many excellent surgeons work there as well as for the NHS.. Only saying cos it's near, I had band there with Mr Alan Li and all was good so far! (Only 1 week ago)
U need somewhere local for your fills and checkups.

Many thanks louloumoo, I think I'm going for the bypass rather than the band but I expect they do bypasses too, good luck with yours :)

Hi, I'm going to Birmingham spires hospital and having a band,but like you it's all new and hoping I've picked the right place, good luck x

I am still researching atm and this forum is really great, I love the before and after pics I just hope I can do some one day in the not so distant future

Wow I can remember doing this thread over a year ago, and look where I am now so pleased I went ahead with it my life is so much better in so many ways :)

Those 9st I have lost have changed me in oh so many ways :)

So if anyone is new and nervous or worried I say go ahead and you too could do things you never dreamed possible

Attachments

• 07 Nov 13 C.jpg
    07 Nov 13 C.jpg
    486.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 4th Aug 14.JPG
    4th Aug 14.JPG
    92.1 KB · Views: 27
WOW! What a transformation!:wow::wow::wow:

You look amazing!

Congratulations and well done!

I am still a newbie, no were near surgery yet.
But looking at your photos from start to finish, you look amazing, well done.

Back