• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie in Manchester

SaraM44

Hi folks,

Well I never knew this group existed!! If only i'd know about this forum 2 years ago when I first had surgery all my questions would have been answered!

I was an overweight child who became an obese adult ... I'm a mother of 3 children, one who is disabled. I've got a sit down job where I get zero exercise (i'm a driving instructor so walking from one side of car to other is not exactly exercising - although my GP did suggest I take a stroll every 10-15 mins or so at work ... not many driving instructors you see walking alongside their learners is there?).

I'm just over 2yrs post op now following RNY - had a Gastric Balloon also 4 years ago and had a really good 6stone loss over 6mths but had complications from day 2 with it and was hospitalised more than once.

Glad to report i'm approaching 9stone loss now and RNY has changed my life literally!

I've reduced from size 26 to size 10/12 - and have now trained to become a life coach and run support groups throughout the Manchester area helping others who are on their weight loss journeys.

Hi there

I'm too from Manchester,and your start/size is very similar to me.
Gastric bypass 16mths ago,I was a size 26 now size 10/12 and 9 stone lost.
Welcome to this great group x

Thanks for the welcome hunni ... if your free i'm hosting a meet-up in Worsley Marriott Sports & Spike Bar this Thursday at 7pm - it would be great to meet up swap tips :)

Hi there, how often do u do meet ups? Would love to come to one when I am not working. I am from Preston x
Welcome on the weightloss

SaraM44 said:
Thanks for the welcome hunni ... if your free i'm hosting a meet-up in Worsley Marriott Sports & Spike Bar this Thursday at 7pm - it would be great to meet up swap tips :)

I'm afraid having young kiddies I rarely get out!
So this site is a god send at times x

Welcome sara!

Xx

Hi VickyLou,

The meet-ups are every 3rd Thursday of the month at The Worsley Marriot Sports & Spike Bar in Leisure Club .. 7pm.

I also host a Monday meet up once a month during the day at Costa Coffee in Trafford Centre .. next on is on Monday 28th May at 12 noon.

Come to my day time meet up if you can't make evenings ... children welcome ... :) I will have my girls with me during school holidays xx

Back