• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie initial consultation fast approaching

Bluegirluk

Hi all, I am nervous yet excited, I have an initial consultation on Tuesday with Mr Ashton in Birmingham re stomach banding.
I have just turned 50 and for the majority of my life have battled with my weight. On and off and on and off it goes. I lost 10 shone through diet alone and yes you guessed most if it is back on again :(. I can lose it I just can't maintain it.
So looking for support and advice for my journey.
Thank you all in advance :)

Jane

hi Jane, good luck on Tuesday! I had my band fitted with healthier weight almost 20 months ago. Go armed with whatever questions you may have and don't be afraid to really discuss your concerns and confirm that the band is the best form of surgery. They will go through other types too. But if you have any specific questions, fire away and welcome to the boards :)

Thank you :) it's good to hear from another Healthier weight person. Were you pleased with the support , service and advice you received etc ? Did you think it was worth the extra cost to go there ? Their aftercare package looks very good and that is what had impressed me so far.
Jane

hello Jane!
good luck on becoming a new you!

Hi Jane, welcome and good luck for your appointment on Tuesday!

hi welcome and good luck

Thank you :) it's good to hear from another Healthier weight person. Were you pleased with the support , service and advice you received etc ? Did you think it was worth the extra cost to go there ? Their aftercare package looks very good and that is what had impressed me so far.
Jane

Hi Jane,

Their pre op and during op care was fab, and post op they have been too. I'm currently having issues with my band and have had to push them to help me get it resolved, but it is something they are investigating, but my band has had to be completely emptied.

I'd looked at other providers, did not like THG in the slightest and had read lots of bad things about them, and while I'm having issues, HW are working to resolve it, although I do at times think they could be a bit more proactive in working with their clients and do tend to leave contact up to us, but can be great in support when you do reach out for it.

Dr A is very to the point and doesn't mince his words, I liked this approach as I ended to hear the reality, but I went with HW as my fear was anaesthetic and they and my surgeon Mr Super had a zero % mortality rate which was a stipulation for me :)

Hi all, I went for my consultation last night with Mr Ashton and was really impressed. I will be booking for a band to be inserted on 31st May. Let the countdown begin :)

congrats and good luck

Back