• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Needs Help

Sam_J_

Hi All,

Im looking for advice on gastric wrap, Im not clear on how many incisions u get with the procedure?? and does 1 of them go through your belly button??
This kinda puts me off slightly as I'm thinking this may deform the belly button??? any help on this would be great

Thanks
Sam :)

I know some surgeons do the belly button but most don't. I have 5 incisions from my sleeve. They are really tiny though, least of my worries. I wouldn't stress about it.

I've got 5 - not through belly button. They're really tiny and were glued, not stitched externally.

Can hardly see them already - not that they go on public view !

I have four tiny incisions and you can hardly notice them now... I was wrapped at the end of May xx

I am still pre-op, but have seen pictures of the incisions done by my surgeon. There is some variability in the placement of the holes, possibly due to liver size and other anatomical reasons. However, there are always four or five incisions and none of them have been in the belly button, lowest usually a couple of inches above the navel. Rather bizarrely though, after you have had your pre surgery shower, the nurse cleans your belly button with a giant cotton bud! Guess they wouldn't put an incision in your belly button because it is an ideal breeding place for bacteria and not good for wound healing.

I am still pre-op, but have seen pictures of the incisions done by my surgeon. There is some variability in the placement of the holes, possibly due to liver size and other anatomical reasons. However, there are always four or five incisions and none of them have been in the belly button, lowest usually a couple of inches above the navel. Rather bizarrely though, after you have had your pre surgery shower, the nurse cleans your belly button with a giant cotton bud! Guess they wouldn't put an incision in your belly button because it is an ideal breeding place for bacteria and not good for wound healing.

that puts my mind at rest,,, thankfully... im thinking of going to turnov too!! mine will be on October

If you are thinking of going to Turnov in October I would suggest getting booked quickly, provided you are happy with the research you have done. Turnov is a popular location and they also have clients from the rest of the Czech Republic and Germany. Turnov is a 90 minute transfer from Prague.

If you are thinking of going to Turnov in October I would suggest getting booked quickly, provided you are happy with the research you have done. Turnov is a popular location and they also have clients from the rest of the Czech Republic and Germany. Turnov is a 90 minute transfer from Prague.

Ive been in touch there are dates available in oct,, im also thinking Belgium as we could drive there from my mums house,,, do you know anyone been to belguim?

Don't personally know anyone who has gone to Belgium, and don't know how many posts you need to fully use the search function on here. You could try that. I think when I was exploring options I decided there was little advantage in going to Belgium over UK, but perhaps you have found something I didn't. Have you decided for sure what procedure you want? For me I researched and settled on procedure first, then supplier. Saying that a small part of me wonders whether sleeve would be a better option for me, lucky that I am happy with my choice of provider for both procedures. I decided band and bypass not for me. Sorry I can't be more help.

Not sure of the procedure, but all the best on your journey....x

Back