• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Another Newbie :)

cafh

Hey guys and gals :)

My name's Cath. I've been lucky enough to get funding for surgery and received my letter today for 1st hospital appointment at Bournemouth Hospital.

I'm feeling very nervous about it all but I know it is the right thing for me. My health is bad and I'm very limited in what I can do. I can't wait for that to change!

I came here as I'd really like to share my journey with others who have been through it and those who are going through it as I know I will learn a lot from you all :)

:welcome:

Aww thank you for your warm welcome. Am looking forward to getting to know you all :D

Hi Cath am Chris, what op are you goingto be having do you know yet? Hope you have a short an dnot so bumpy wls journey, we all go through it together wether its alongside or giving our own experiences and advice or just support and ideas of food menu and meals. xx

Hey Chris, I'm not sure yet. I think the band because the bypass seems a bit scary, higher death rate etc. My boyfriend is only just on board with it all and I think he would find the bypass too much. Saying that though I will see what the consultant suggests as I know some people with the band put the weight back on and i don't want that to happen!

cafh said:
Hey Chris, I'm not sure yet. I think the band because the bypass seems a bit scary, higher death rate etc. My boyfriend is only just on board with it all and I think he would find the bypass too much. Saying that though I will see what the consultant suggests as I know some people with the band put the weight back on and i don't want that to happen!

Don't say that.....I'm a bander and it's never going back on :) I won't let it lol. I think whatever the op there are ways to cheat it....keep the focus and it works :) not easy but with graft you can do it x

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Yeah I don't fancy that either after such a major journey!! I can't wait to be healthy and fit again :)

Sorry I'm a bit late in saying it, but welcome and Hi!
I'm still relatively new to the process, my GP referred me in April and it's just snowballed from there.
Lots of luck with your WLS journey.
Em xxxxx

Thanks Em

Hey Annie ty, Welcome to you too :)

Back