• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie on the loose

Hello all,

I am here, like everyone else, because I am planning on having surgery to help with my weightloss.

A quick story about me, I am currently 23st 6 lbs ( 23st 4 lbs according to the docs) and have tried for years to get rid of my excess weight. I've done the slimming world stuff, weight watchers, rosemary clooney, cabbage diet, just sensible food and excercise diets, Body chef, slim fast, cambridge diet and a host of other throughout the years.

I am a over all happy mother of two, busy business woman, and have a very handsome and super supportive husband, who could ask for more.:)

Well me, I am doing everything I can in the mean time to try and lose weight. I walk at minimum 3 miles, but sometimes up to 4.5 miles ago, plus look after a 17 month old boy, and run my business from home. It looks like now I am finally going to get a chance to rid myself of the weight I have been dying lose for years.

At the moment, I am in the pre-op stage, and doing my initial 4 week milk diet...starting today!:p The starting isn't my problem...it's the lasting. Not that I am hungry. I, suprisingly enough, don't eat much. The milk doesn't like me though......:rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope that once I am through my trial, I will get what I have longed for...and will be able to move on with my life.

I am going to have a band placed, looks like sometime in feb, so I still have a few months to lose more weight and get myself in to a better position.

I hope to me some people who are going through the same and I am always happy to share and help where I can....

Thanks for reading and I hope to meet you call very soon.

J
xx

Hi & welcome....

You'll find a wealth of knowledge on here!

I'm interested as to why yr doing a pre-op diet now tho if yr ops not til Feb... good luck with it. xx

Hi J,

A lovely read thank you, you sound like so many of us on here, but well done on taking that first step to getting your life back as a slimmer you. There are loads of lovely ladies on here who have done fabulously with their band, and who are more than willing to offer help & advice along the way. Good luck with everything xx

Hello and welcome... Interesting read sounds like you've done them all and then some...

I'm wondering what made you opt for the band?

Hello J and welcome to WLS site.

Ready all the diets I thought I was ready my life..:eek:

Good luck on your journey and I hope all goes well for you.

Hello and welcome, if there is anything you need to know, someone on here will know, it's been invaluable to me...

Good luck on your weightloss journey...

Bev xxx

HIa J and welcome. I'm also wondering why a band rather than bypass or sleeve? But in any case, a big welcome to the forum, very nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you.

Hi and welcome ,i really hope you can find all the help and support you need.
Good luck with your wls journey,
Marie.:welcome:

Hi and welcome to the site. Everyone here is really helpful. Good luck with your weight loss journey. :)

WOW Ladies!! I didn't realise all of you ahd responded to me. *LOL* I guess I didn't mark this one to let me know if anyone replied...silly me! *LOL*

First of all, thank you ladies for your support, it is much appreciated.:) And I need it right about now. I am not sure if I am putting all this in the right place so I will just put it here.

THe band, I opted to this because, 1) I want my body in tacked, I know for me, it isn't that I eat bad food, but I do know the quanities can be iffy at times. 2) I wanted an aid, to help me, I didn't want all the side effects and at least I know that should I need it....it can be undone 3) if this doesn't work, I can try the by pass if all all fails.

Why am I on the pre-pre op....I was told I need to do this for 4 weeks to show that I can follow the diet after the op...to sow willing and effort...and cuz they said so...*LOL* To encourage weight loss and for me to be able to sustain the weight until my feb op.

But all is not well....I have been on it for 6 days now, only manged 5 lbs...and on 6 oz in the last 2 days...I feel a bit discouraged. I am following the plan to a T...and have found it incredibily easy. There has only been once time I was acutually hungry and that was for about 3 minutes. As I said in another post on here (somewhere) I am lactose intolerant...so the milk has been running through me since last friday. It has since slowed down and not too bad to handle now. But of course it bloats me out so I have NO hunger at all. I have though noticed that sometimes, I want food to eat, but I know I am not hungry. SO that is definately a learning lesson.

Anyway, I feel a bit lost and disappointed as I thought I would have lost more than this by now. Considering not a morsel has been eaten, I just thought the results would be great. I am, I figure, consuming about 1400 cals a day...1180 is milk. I am allowed 4 -5 pints a day. I am only have 4. plus water, plus 3-4 tsp bovil and water, I am only having 3, and would none if I could get away with it. Plus of couse I am allowed 1 packet of sugar free jelly a day and gum. I have only managed the jelly twice and then only had half of it as I didn't want any more. SO I am not sure what else I can be doing. I am doing my normal excerise....so I guess I am just stuck. I have phones to clinic to see if someone can let me know what I should be losing and maybe it if cuz of the milk that I am not losing.

anyway, enough whinging....I am losing so it is the int right direction. I just think because I have seen other people lose like 3-4 stone, I thought I might be the same, or similar.

Well thanks for reading and i look forward to hearing from you call soon....take care

J

Unfortunately I didn't lose that much on my milk diet either but don't get too despondent! We will reach our goals ;)

Back