• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Sam,Gastric band after failed balloon

sam37

Hi everyone, im booked in to have a band at Dolan park on 13 may 2012. Im not sure how to use this site and have posted b4 but i think that maybe in cyber space any help appreciated

sam

Welcome, ask any questions ask away. Had my band 6 months ago. Good luck on your journey

cats.jpg

Hi sam.
i going for my first consult today with Mr Sigurdsson for a band after having a failed bypass in feb, Good luck to you xx

good luck

Hi lullaby,

Good luck with your consult, i guess ur feeling simular to me re ur bypass. im not sure what your allowed to write on here. I had my balloon removed after 6 weeks i am so scared going back in to the same "territory" wls again, but im sure im going be ok im in a different place this time. my op is on 13th may so pre diet starts next sun. Can i ask why the bypass failed? hope to hear from you soon if i can find you lol take care sam

Hi sam
my bypass failed because my liver was too hard, i suck to the pre op diet (low carb last time) and lost a stone but did eat chewing gum most of the time, so it was put down to that,
not had any this time, i'm with the hospital group this time,
good luck to you too xx

have u scheduled a date after ur consult, could the same thing happen again? i dunno how the bloody hell im gonna stick to pre op diet next week am cutting down this week to try and prepare :)

I just got back from consult, Mr Sigurdsson dont think it would happen again, i got a date 18th june but hoping for a cancellation, so anytime!
As i said earlier i started pre op diet 18/04/12, I have to stick to it from now until the op, (whenever that might be!!)
if its the 18th, i would have lost most of the weight already!!!
but they did say i could up the intake of milk, gee whizz!
at least its all moving again :)

Mr sigurdsson is also my surgeon for bypass on 4th may. If you don't mind me asking, why did you choose to now have a band rather than try for the by pass again? Which company were doing the bypass? I am with THG, they have been ok so far!

I used WLS for bypass, i opted for a band this time because a bypass seem very drastict and i cant afford to have a bypass!
I'm using THG this time because WLS is too far away (kent) to go through it again, I like the fact THG will provide transport, how are you feeling about it all?

i'm feeling ok.... it is getting very close now. I was really hoping that i could have the bypass at Doln Park as it is only 30 mins away from me, but, Mr Sigurrdson only does the bypass in Telford. So I am off to find the way this friday for my pre op and then again next friday for my op. i am the only op he is doing that day, due to other conditions, we are expecting it to not be totally straight forward.

I was advised to do a 1000 - 1200 calorie diet for 7 days as my bmi is 36 at the moment. I had already made the decision to do a kind of milk diet for 10 days prior to get my head into op mode. I am really worried now that my liver will not be right. I am slightly more relieved now i know it was not Mr Sigurrdson who stopped the last op.

please don't feel the need to answer, but surely the first op was private and you had already paid when they found your liver too hard. Surely they would just book you back in for a repeat once liver had time to soften? Have you had to pay twice??

How did you find Mr Sigurrdson? is your adviser Sarah? They both seem nice, but Mr S is very straight in discussion i found, my wife and i had a good giggle fter we left about how 'honest' he was. Good job i dont have a complex about my weight most of the time!

I had Mr s and found him brilliant.

Back