• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie seeking funding

Babynurse

Hi everyone, Ive recently joined this site having googled the whole process of surgical weight loss. I have had a weight problem since I left home at the age of 18 and had three children. Ive lost & gained over the years, tried every diet but now I am at my heaviest at 92kgs. Being a shortie at 5ft 2in, I feel I need help before I reach 50 as I want to enjoy the rest of my life. My bypass op is booked for 22nd August but Im trying to find funding. Ive not even approached my GP or the PCT cos I know I'd be refused. I have been reading the threads and Im so impressed with the replies and the results.

hi babynurse welcome to minimins we are a friendly bunch so u should feel at home here, i dont think ul get the funding for ur op especially as u av already booked it, but u neva know, i had a bypass 1 year ago and have lost just ova 8stone im 5ft 2in as well and my starting weight was 25stone and ive just turned 40 so im glad i done it when i did, every1 here has got weight issues thats y we r here but if i can be of any help feel free to mail or msn me its [email protected] take care and good luck xxx

Hi babynurse, glad you found us! Where have you booked the surgery for, and how are you feeling about it?

Shel

Hi
Just wanted to welcome you to the site. Don't be afraid to ask any questions there will always be someone who can answer them

Hi Babynurse! Welcome! I'm new here too and in the last two days have received the combined wisdom of about ten other members which took me from feeling too low to do anything other than mope to attacking the housework!! That's how much my mood lifted :) I have no experience of surgery and apart from my own style of diets some of which worked over the years (lost 2 or 3 stone 2 or 3 times) this latest one (I'm on Lighter Life) has been working out for me. I am also a shortie but I tower over you by a whopping 1 inch! And I started at 82kg. Hope I got my maths right, I'm a stones and pounds girl so I was 13st1 and am now 11st after 48 days. But the diet is not the magical part. It's the groups I go to each week and online communities like this. THAT is what makes this diet different. I am finally not doing it alone. However you choose to manage your weight we'll all progress together from today - big hugs.

Thanks! You too - what an inspiration Georgina!

thanx supresize by the way do u have a name lol as im bigger than u and its strange calling u that lol, xxx

I do indeed! And I'm thinking supersize to super size - if you get my meaning! Supersize 20 t-shirts to super size 10 clingy fabulous frocks (one day). But in the meantime I remain Alison :)

Hi everyone, Ive recently joined this site having googled the whole process of surgical weight loss. I have had a weight problem since I left home at the age of 18 and had three children. Ive lost & gained over the years, tried every diet but now I am at my heaviest at 92kgs. Being a shortie at 5ft 2in, I feel I need help before I reach 50 as I want to enjoy the rest of my life. My bypass op is booked for 22nd August but Im trying to find funding. Ive not even approached my GP or the PCT cos I know I'd be refused. I have been reading the threads and Im so impressed with the replies and the results.
Hi I live not far from you at all. which hospital are you booked into? i approached my GP just after xmas and had my op doen in May the funding issue was resolved really quickly. It would do no harm to approach your Gp and see what they say. seems a shame to self fund if the pct will do it for you. keep me posted x

hi babynurse welcome to minimins we are a friendly bunch so u should feel at home here, i dont think ul get the funding for ur op especially as u av already booked it, but u neva know, i had a bypass 1 year ago and have lost just ova 8stone im 5ft 2in as well and my starting weight was 25stone and ive just turned 40 so im glad i done it when i did, every1 here has got weight issues thats y we r here but if i can be of any help feel free to mail or msn me its [email protected] take care and good luck xxx
What an amazing weight loss well done you. A real inspiration for others like me who are new to the life with the bypass. Your success will keep me going thanks x

Hi everyone, and thanks for all your replies. I intended to fund myself because I didnt think my Gp would refer me. Ive had raised blood pressure for over a year now and Im not being treated for it. Ive also suffered with bad headaches and my GP has only just prescribed beta blockers which have helped and they can also slightly lower blood pressure. My GP is ok but sticks to the NICE guidelines so I dont think I will waste my time asking for funding. The dietician is useless with too many patients needing help. Since my last post, however, Ive decided to postpone my op until February next year. The credit crunch is really out there and although my credit file is 100%, Ive struggled to get finance. I heard on the news today that it is going to get worse with banks reluctant to lend money for loans or mortgages. So Im just going to have to wait and see what happens after Christmas. The timing was really bad anyway cos Ive got a big wedding at the end of August and Im going away for a few days with my husband in September, our first break together without kids, so Im going to enjoy it.
I am phoning Surgicare in Manchester tomorrow to postpone my date but I still need to lose weight or I'll just keep getting bigger!!

Back