• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Boots scales

Sam00190

Does anyone know how accurate scales are at boots? On first attempt im 5ft 3.7 bmi 50.9 second attempt im 5ft 41 bmi 49.8 i have funding approved already but need height, weight etc sent off by nurse to be attached to refferal and dont want to be refused by .2 off the 50 bmi to go to surgery without co morbidities. Only option i can think of for now is lots of high cal food until my appointment on the 30th. Has anyone ever been refused for being a tiny bit under than the required bmi? As it looks like i may have lost weight even with the stuff ive been eating lately.

Thanks
Sam x

i always use boots scales,i think theyre good plus i like to keep the print outs to look back on xx

For most it goes on your referall BMI.

Good luck :)

For most it goes on your referall BMI.

Good luck :)

I just had the funding applied for n the refferal to the surgeon is on the 30th so not had an official refferal yet. Im just hoping that the nurses scales are out in my favour and will just have to slouch a bit to get my height under 5ft 4 ended up having sausage n chips from chippy tonight so that i can try n take my BMI back up but cant understand how it went down with what i have been eating n i drink tea with 1 sugar n normal coke n lots of it,

Sam x

Sam00190 said:
I just had the funding applied for n the refferal to the surgeon is on the 30th so not had an official refferal yet. Im just hoping that the nurses scales are out in my favour and will just have to slouch a bit to get my height under 5ft 4 ended up having sausage n chips from chippy tonight so that i can try n take my BMI back up but cant understand how it went down with what i have been eating n i drink tea with 1 sugar n normal coke n lots of it,

Sam x

Some people weight their pockets and ankles, keep boots on and wear heavy boots. Not that I am condoning such behaviour lol.

Oh yeah. And big meal and drink before with no going to the loo lol

Some people weight their pockets and ankles, keep boots on and wear heavy boots. Not that I am condoning such behaviour lol.

Oh yeah. And big meal and drink before with no going to the loo lol

I dont have boots lol only trainers, i was thinking about putting my £8 worth of copper in my pockets in a carrier bag. I dont think she would let me keep my winter coat on though or would have put in a couple of small tins in. My appointment is at 4:40 so maybe a trip to subway with a large drink before i get there on way there from work

Sam x

Sam00190 said:
I dont have boots lol only trainers, i was thinking about putting my £8 worth of copper in my pockets in a carrier bag. I dont think she would let me keep my winter coat on though or would have put in a couple of small tins in. My appointment is at 4:40 so maybe a trip to subway with a large drink before i get there on way there from work

Sam x

It had never occurred to me to do it, as having a BMI of over 50 would have made my journey a little more simple at times.

But if it was imperative like yours, I defo would do it :D

Not been on for a while as my laptop broke but found the app today but no permission for half the boards on here:(well i had my appointment at docs for referral and i had about £10 of 1p and 2p coins in jeans pocket as well as my keys. I also slouched and that made me 4cm shorter than i actually am and it brought my bmi to 52.3 so hopefully if they weigh me when i see consultant i should still be in the 50 bmi range for the surgery :)

Once you've had your referal I don't think your weight matters anymore, infact at the group session they told us that any weight we could lose before our op would be looked upon favourably by the surgeons, and of course the more weight you lose pre op the safer your op will be.
Em xxxxx

Back