• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

newbie sleeve

Hi embrace...lol I've been fine with weetabix but only half and with at least 150ml milk - it's easier if its warm milk makes it very sort. Bloody bored senseless of bloody puréed now.

I can manage a whole weetabix but with plenty of milk so it's just liquid really. At least the goodness is going in that way. Also, sometimes I mash a little banana in to it for different flavour and to get some fruit in.
I'm the same with purée!! Trying to think up new things, and missing chewing!! Been on it since my sleeve on the 26 feb. trying to vary foods by pureeing various foods. Had a piece of salmon last night puréed with milk and watercress sauce, with a bit of cauliflower cheese puréed. That was tasty and because it was puréed well, I got the whole slice of salmon in (just a single slice fillet that you buy in the supermarket). I was pleased about that to get a good dose of protein. Didn't manage much cauli cheese though with concentrating on the salmon. Also M&S (and I'm sure other supermarkets) do some nice little kids meals like fish pie and cottage pie which are low fat, no additives etc which work really well puréed with plenty of gravy or milk.

But yep, can't wait to get into soft stage! Do you have purée for a month? Roll on 26 march for me to eat soft :)

Xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes puréed stage for four weeks then soft for two - four slowly adding in new things. I can't wait to be able to eat eggs and a bit of toast or corned beef mash and beans. I'm still only managing about 4 tsps and that's a push. My op was 4th March so I'm a week behind you by looks of things. It is hard going and I get tired really easily. How are you finding that? X

Yes puréed stage for four weeks then soft for two - four slowly adding in new things. I can't wait to be able to eat eggs and a bit of toast or corned beef mash and beans. I'm still only managing about 4 tsps and that's a push. My op was 4th March so I'm a week behind you by looks of things. It is hard going and I get tired really easily. How are you finding that? X

Yes same as me. Were you at sunderland? God I'm the same....soooo looking forward to eggs!! Lol :)

I can manage about 4-5 tablespoons!! That is well puréed though, not too thick. Since upping my quantities over the day and making sure the food is not too thick, I've found I have loads more energy, but yes, still need a lie down every day,still!

So I'll have a weetabix for brekkie, I'll heat up a full can of soup for lunch, have what I can of that which is usually half of say cream of chicken soup, and then have the remainder about 3pm heated up, so at least its a can of soup in a day. Then I'll have my tea which is a proper puréed dinner followed by a petit filous if I feel like it (sometimes I don't).
I eat it really slowly with a teaspoon and find it all goes in fine now. I do feel like I've had enough though once I've finished my little bowl. I'm drinking plenty of tea and water aswell. You need to keep your fluids up.

When you say 4tsp, is that a thick purée? I would say eat often through the day if that's all you can manage each time to make sure you're getting your nutrition. You'll feel tired if you haven't got much food in you. I really noticed a difference making things more liquid, I could get more in and therefore had more energy. Remember it's still only low calories we're getting.

Stick with it Hun, a month isn't long to do really. We'll be on food before we know it! X

Yes same as me. Were you at sunderland? God I'm the same....soooo looking forward to eggs!! Lol :)

I can manage about 4-5 tablespoons!! That is well puréed though, not too thick. Since upping my quantities over the day and making sure the food is not too thick, I've found I have loads more energy, but yes, still need a lie down every day,still!

So I'll have a weetabix for brekkie, I'll heat up a full can of soup for lunch, have what I can of that which is usually half of say cream of chicken soup, and then have the remainder about 3pm heated up, so at least its a can of soup in a day. Then I'll have my tea which is a proper puréed dinner followed by a petit filous if I feel like it (sometimes I don't).
I eat it really slowly with a teaspoon and find it all goes in fine now. I do feel like I've had enough though once I've finished my little bowl. I'm drinking plenty of tea and water aswell. You need to keep your fluids up.

When you say 4tsp, is that a thick purée? I would say eat often through the day if that's all you can manage each time to make sure you're getting your nutrition. You'll feel tired if you haven't got much food in you. I really noticed a difference making things more liquid, I could get more in and therefore had more energy. Remember it's still only low calories we're getting.

Stick with it Hun, a month isn't long to do really. We'll be on food before we know it! X

I was done at North Tees Pooh. At moment I am managing just over half a wheetabix from brekki mid morning either 4tsp yoghurt or 100ml orange juice. Lunch I have chicken, swede and carrot puréed with gravy - not very thick - like a thick soup I suppose. I manage about 4 tsps of that (these are heaped teaspoons). In afternoon I have milky drink and tea is similar to lunch but with stewed beef. Before bed will have another milky drink. I'm supposed to eat 6 times a day, have a total of a pint of milk plus 1.5 litres of water. I manage maybe 750ml of water! Only half. I'm struggling because you are not supposed to drink half hour either side of food and need to eat 6 times a day! It's just not possible to do both. It's a bit frustrating. If I drink more I can't eat as much and if I eat, the water suffers and either way I'm constipated! Lol...it sucks. Sorry to moan...just finding it hard at moment. I did manage 1/3 can tomatoe soup for dinner last night with some light Philly cheese melted in. Maybe you are right and the more liquid it is the easier it is to get down! Will try making it thinner.

I was done at North Tees Pooh. At moment I am managing just over half a wheetabix from brekki mid morning either 4tsp yoghurt or 100ml orange juice. Lunch I have chicken, swede and carrot puréed with gravy - not very thick - like a thick soup I suppose. I manage about 4 tsps of that (these are heaped teaspoons). In afternoon I have milky drink and tea is similar to lunch but with stewed beef. Before bed will have another milky drink. I'm supposed to eat 6 times a day, have a total of a pint of milk plus 1.5 litres of water. I manage maybe 750ml of water! Only half. I'm struggling because you are not supposed to drink half hour either side of food and need to eat 6 times a day! It's just not possible to do both. It's a bit frustrating. If I drink more I can't eat as much and if I eat, the water suffers and either way I'm constipated! Lol...it sucks. Sorry to moan...just finding it hard at moment. I did manage 1/3 can tomatoe soup for dinner last night with some light Philly cheese melted in. Maybe you are right and the more liquid it is the easier it is to get down! Will try making it thinner.

It sounds like you're doing okay to be honest on the variety of food. Yes, try the looser food, see if you can a bit more in which may give you more energy. i know what you mean about the drinking and food. It's like we're permanently eating/drinking!!
Stick with it chick, the pounds will start melting off x

Yes it's meeee! Lol. Envious of ur trouble free puree stage. So far today has been better but stayed away from weetabix

Back