• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Ok, quick question...

Nuxley

Hello Everyone

I have been reading all of your posts over the last few days and have noticed how we all seem to have different advice about the liquid stage of our post op diet.

I have been told 4 weeks (YES COUNT EM 1, 2, 3, 4!) of liquids and I have had a sleeve. According to my diet sheet "liquids" does not include anything with bits in and I am finding this soooo boring!

So my question is this: how long did you have to do the liquid stage for?

Many thanks in anticipation. :)

2 weeks and even then I was ready to murder someone. Moved on two days early thanks to a sensible dietician at landd

2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks puree, 2 weeks soft, 2 weeks textured then normal ish food.
4 weeks of liquid is looong but what can you do!!!

Kim

Sunderland go straight onto pureed, in hospital they gave me a yoghurt with bits in x

Sent from my GT-I9000 using WLSurgery

I could make my surgeon do a liquid diet for 4 weeks...see how he likes it!
Although he has 0% body fat as it is so it ain't gonna make any difference to him!

I was told 4 weeks for each stage..
Liquid,purée,soft,solids..it's in our best interest to keep to advice given.
I'm glad I followed each stage to the timescale as I haven't had any problems.
I was too scared to rush through any stage incase I gave myself a blockage!!
You'll be fine xxxx it's worth it in the end

Mine is 3 weeks on each stage and it's been fine not bothered me

4 weeks ;-( I had the evil Dr El Hasani too !!!!!!!!!
its for own own benefit though , and I have lost over 5 and half so far , stick with it , it will soon go :)

Kate xx

4 weeks ;-( I had the evil Dr El Hasani too !!!!!!!!!
its for own own benefit though , and I have lost over 5 and half so far , stick with it , it will soon go :)

Kate xx

Blimey Kate that's fantastic weight loss :D

Well done xx

thanks Kizzy , I am well chuffed :) . can't go to the meeting tonight because of work but i am hoping to go next time,
hope you are OK ?
Kate xx

I was on each stage for 4 weeks, liquids didn't bother me until the last week then i really missed food but once you move on to puree you appreciate it so much more lol x

I was 1 week on each stage, incredible how each surgeon varies their regime. I spoke to my dietician about this and she said that although the dieticians had all got together and agreed a format the surgeons wont move "cos its their way or NO way!!"

Keep to whatever diet plan you've been given and think of the extra lbs you'll lose.:):)

2 weeks liquid, 1 week puree, one week soft moving towards solids, then solids since then. But had a 4 week pre op diet x

Back