• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

First 30 days post op!

ABbyteb

Hi all. I'm 2.5 wks post op (had VSG surgery on may 14). Have been on thicker liquids the last few days. Have caved in and had a few bites of solids - feel so guilty. I had a few spoons of rice and a few crisps. Am i in trouble? Is there anything wrong with eating a few solids the first month. I did feel extremely full and had some pain on my upper stomach.

I really hope I didn't harm myself or increase the size of my pouch. Pls let me know!!

I don't really have any advice but i'm sure you will be fine. i am nearly 3 weeks post op and it is really hard to stay off the solids and i have been very very tempted so i know where your coming from.

Kirsty

Thx mummyto4. What kinds of surgery did you have? I've lost about 13lbs so far and the weight loss has slowed. Is that normal?

I had a Wrap in prague and have lost 2 stone 1 lb so far but for 3 days after surgery i was constantly sick. I think after the first few weeks weight loss does slow, mine seems to have slowed anyway and i have read other comments saying there weight loss has slowed. How are you feeling now?

Back