• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie from East Sussex

Shepherdess

:) Hi all, I have been recommended to join this site by a wonderful friend of mine, I am having my gastric bypass at St Richards next month and thought I would come on here for some well needed advice and support.

Hi and welcome :)

As a post op of two years, my best advice to you is...research, research, research. Everyone here thinks they have found out all there is to know beforehand, but its never enough.

This is not an easy option and you will have to commit to a whole new way of life.

Don't get me wrong I love my new life....but there have had to be severe modifications to how I eat and drink.

If you are ready...it will be the best thing you will ever do.

Good luck x

Hi and welcome. I had my Gastric Bypass done in Gloucester, and I think it is the best thing I've ever done... But it's true, you have to get used to a new way of eating and drinking. It's really worth it though, when you put the effort in. Good luck with your op. X

Welcome. I'm in Week 9 post-bypass. I don't regret it at all, but agree with what has been said here. After one entire month (sucessfully) shrinking my Liver pre-op with only four cans of WW soup and four Muller Light yogs a day, I thought things couldn't be more challenging after. But boy was I wrong.

Also, the keyhole surgery is deceptive as you feel super after and raring to get back to normal, but it is easy to forget the major things that have been done inside you. Apart from the advice already given in previous posts, I would say follow your provider's instructions to the letter, and don't cheat on the pre-op - use it as a time to change your mind and get in the zone, as afterwards there will be no negotiating with your body. Good luck xx

:) Hi all, I have been recommended to join this site by a wonderful friend of mine, I am having my gastric bypass at St Richards next month and thought I would come on here for some well needed advice and support.

Welcome :)
I'm from East Sussex too. I had my bypass at St Richards. Feel free to ask me anything should you so wish.

I had my bypass at Chichester in Feb. You are in good hands, they have been top notch. Ask questions, read around, you'll get there.

Hello, I'm new here too, I'm having my gastric bypass 31st October, excited, nervous - actually scrap that and change it to petrified lol, welcome to the group, I think we will be well supported here xxx

Back