• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie to WLS 1 week into 5 week LCLD

AnnieT

Hi, Im new to WLS and am currently 8 days into the milk diet. Finding it difficult but I guess everyone does. Have been told that I need to maintain the diet until I see the surgeon in 5 weeks which seems a long time. At least I'm losing weight, have lost 14lb already!

Any advice about maintaining the diet would be appreciated. :)

wow 5 weekson a milk diet never heard that but there could be someone who would know i was doing high protein , low card pre-op diet before i had my date postponed...................anyway maybe others will know more .
good luck with your journey anniexxxx

Drink plenty of fluids, diet fizzy drinks can fill you up... x

Thanks for the advice, think I have misunderstood the dietician and started the milk diet too early, have started now so going to continue. Am so over jelly already, good job I already love diet coke!

hi, ooo i love d coke to!! ha i would say to carry on doing what your doing as its working hey, wish you all the best for your surgery x

Hi Annie and welcome ,my goodness 5 weeks on a milk thats quite something. Marie:eek:

Thanks everyone! This site is so inspitational. Everyone’s stories make me realise that I can do this and the advice found here makes you realise that with help I can get back to a much healthier weight.

Currently losing 1lb per day on the milk diet, long may it continue.:woohoo:

I miss diet coke :(

mona cant you drink it?... x

Hi Mona, I assume that you can't drink it because of your surgery being so recent. Hope it went really well for you and that you are recovering. :)

Wish mine had said the same. I plan to call the hospital tomorrow because I was told I had to be on the milk diet until I saw the consultant again in 5 weeks. It's strange because I feel fine and have lost 15lb in 9 days but I have a headache that just won't go!

Reading this site has shown me that others looking for a similar weight loss have been told to do this for a much shorter period of time. Missing food but am sticking with it until I find out tomorrow if I have got this wrong.

I spoke to the hospital today and was told that my weight loss 2 weeks into the milk diet was really great (17lb in 14 days). I was told that I did not need to continue with the milk diet and that I should eat a low calorie diet until I meet the surgeon. I asked how long they thought it would be until I get my surgery and was told 4-8 weeks.

I'm really pleased as this has been a long journey (went through this before to be told that I didn't have funding) and I'm looking forward to the better health that I hope will come through weight loss. :)

Sounds like you are off to a good start Annie, that is a great weight loss!
I would love to know exactly what you had whilst on the milk diet and the quantities...
A great result for you love xxx

Hi AnnieT - newby here too, got a consultants appointment next month.
Can I ask how much you are allowed on your milk diet? Thanks and good luck x

Well done Annie.......

and I'm glad you're now off the milk diet. It's usually only prescribed for short periods (I think) because you can lose essential minerals on it (like potassium) quite quickly.

I hope you get your op date asap. Sounds like you deserve it love.

xxxxx

Thanks everyone.

The milk diet and other pre op diets seem to differ with each hospital.

Mine was 4 pints of semi-skimmed milk per day plus up to 2 stock cubes for the salt content. I could also have 1 sachet of sugar free jelly too.

I have never liked milk so only managed about 2 pints per day and only had the stock cube about 4 times over the last two weeks. Didn't have jelly as its not really part of the diet, it's intended to give you something to eat thats not a liquid. Other than that you can have unlimited tea and coffee from your milk allowance and other drinks like diet coke.

They say its important to drink lots even though your milk is liquid.

All in all its very strange and the first couple of days were for me quite difficult. After that the hunger pangs stop and the diet gets easier.

If you need any more information just ask.

Hi Charis,

How are you. From your profile it looks like you are very close to your surgery date. Wishing you all the best! :)

Thanks everyone! This site is so inspitational. Everyone’s stories make me realise that I can do this and the advice found here makes you realise that with help I can get back to a much healthier weight.

Currently losing 1lb per day on the milk diet, long may it continue.:woohoo:
hi ya what exactly does your milk diet consist of?

My milk diet restrictions are detailed above. :)

Back