• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Getting my band fitted next week.... Eeek

louloumoo

Hi, I've been following the site for about a month an wanted to introduce myself.
I have been overweight since about 18, and struggled ever since. I am 33 now and feel like I have been on a diet for the last 14 years.. All in all I have lost and regained around 16 stone in that time, mostly on fasting diets. I currently have a BMI of 30 so only just big enough for WLS, however I have been bigger...! I also have a lot of obesity in my family.. I guess for me it's about prevention..
I have three young children and I do not want my food issues to effect them, I am going to find it difficult explaining things, surgery and small portions.!? They r 9,7 and 5.. I would love some advice on this.
At the moment my health is not too affected by my weight, I have some back and shoulder pain and some urge incontinece ?? all of which I hope will improve with weight loss..
So 8 days to go until I have my band at Dolan park.. Here's hoping all goes well and I will be a skinny minny in no time..

welcome, I've had my band for approaching 11 months now, and while I'm still not a skinny minny and still have a long way to go, I have lost almost 9 1/2 stone in that time. The band isn't always easy and can take a lot of self control and making positive choices in what and how you eat.

Welcome to the forum x

Don't worry too much about the kids. You're having an op on your tummy. While your tummy gets better you have to eat 'sloppy stuff' and out the otherside they won't remember what you ate before. If you use a small plate it won't be a noticeably smaller meal to them.

My son is eating soooo much better since my bypass. Because I'm not interested in food anymore I'm finding it much easier to prepare healthy stuff for him as I'm a lot happier to eat it now (I eat because I need the energy, not for any other reason now) xx

Back