• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie to WLS 1 week into 5 week LCLD

Thanks Charis, Am hoping for a date soon :)

the reason mona misses diet coke is your not suppose to have it post surgery no fizzy at all...........but some put ice cubes in it so it flattens and then they drink it x

Elooo Annie, have you come off the milk diet yet? Dear Lord i'm sure you aren't ment to do this for 5 weeks chick...i'm on day 6 and can't wait for the end of it, although i have lost a bit of weight, I'm still finding it quite difficult. Have you not had any dizzy spells? x

ooo dear 5 weeks!!! i agree thats harsh! i hope your finding it ok as you can hun, all the best with it x

Hi AnnieT thats fantastic wl good luck .

Hi Everyone, Saw the dietician yesterday and she said the weight loss was good and that I could stop the milk diet and go on a low calorie diet instead. She warned that if I regained any weight between now and my provisional date of 4-8 weeks time that my surgery would be cancelled.

Problem is, now I'm so worried about gaining weight that I've decided to continue with the milk diet for as long as possible. I do want food and am constantly eating with my eyes and via my sense of smell but have managed to stick to the milk diet and the weight loss is keeping me motivated.

Today at work, someone commented that I had lost weight since they last saw me and they said I looked good. No-one has ever said that before and it took me ages to realise that they meant me!

Tragic I know but it was so lovely.

Hi K8y Bear, I do have feelings of being slightly dizzy but I try to compensate by being really careful when I get out of bed or when I stand up.

Work is good for taking my mind of the milk diet, weekends suck the most because it's when I could easily access food if I wanted. Believe me when I say that I have fantasies about raiding the kitchen!

Hi Everyone, Saw the dietician yesterday and she said the weight loss was good and that I could stop the milk diet and go on a low calorie diet instead. She warned that if I regained any weight between now and my provisional date of 4-8 weeks time that my surgery would be cancelled.

Problem is, now I'm so worried about gaining weight that I've decided to continue with the milk diet for as long as possible. I do want food and am constantly eating with my eyes and via my sense of smell but have managed to stick to the milk diet and the weight loss is keeping me motivated.

Today at work, someone commented that I had lost weight since they last saw me and they said I looked good. No-one has ever said that before and it took me ages to realise that they meant me!

Tragic I know but it was so lovely.

Annie love, well done on what you've achieved so far. I can see how you would want to continue with the milk diet, but please be careful...you can't afford to mess up your vitamin and mineral levels.
You can lose potassium really fast and it can have very adverse effects, even on your heart. At least make sure to eat oranges or bananas to ensure your potassium levels.

I'm not a dietician though love, so it's best to check things out with your dietician.
I have to say I think these scare tactics are miserable. I know we have to prove motivation, but it can get ridiculous. You've done SO well.....
well done honey and I hope you get your date really soon.

xxxx

Hi Charis,

Thanks for the advice, I am being very careful and am taking a good multi-vitamin and making sure that I have a stock cube each day for the minerals.

I agree with your comment about scare tactics and having to prove yourself worthy of surgery. It has made me quiet anxious about the process.

Anyhow, things are ok at the moment and I have a copy of the low calorie, low carb diet sheet if I need to change to it.

My weight loss has slowed down now, looks like 1lb every 2 days but its still good. Looks like your weight loss is good too. Just can't wait for this to be done and for me to be able to move forward.

xxx

Work is good for taking my mind of the milk diet, weekends suck the most because it's when I could easily access food if I wanted. Believe me when I say that I have fantasies about raiding the kitchen!

Hahahaha me to, i dribble to myself in bed about the contents of the fridge, Anyhow, hows thing with you? have you managed to ween yourself off the milk diet?? You don't want to lose too much and they say no because you're doing rather well t the moment. xxx

I am doing the milk diet still but am worried because I've not lost any weight since the weekend. 20lb lost in 19 days but nothing lost at all for the last 5 of those. At least I haven't gained!

I did think of contacting the dietician for advice but am worried that she may think I'm cheating. I manage about 2 of the 4 pints of milk and lots of diet coke and water. Am surprised that my appetite has diminished.

The dietician suggested that I change now to the low calorie High protein low carb diet. I am worried that if i'm not losing weight now then what will happen if I go back to the foods on this diet. I really don't want to risk gaining any weight as I've waited such a long time for this surgery.

On a lighter note, I seem to have developed some kind of internal smellyvision, I watch cookery programmes (I love to cook, so not the best interest for a food addict!) and can physically smell the food being cooked. I have developed some strange ability to small and taste the food being cooked without a single bit of food being consumed. OMG, I am Pavlov's dog!

Back