• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Wrap - Please give advice.

New look

Hello everyone,
I'm new to this site and love how everyone shares their goals, fears and experiences related to WLS. I have joined as i want to research more about the Gastric wrap however, as yet, i haven’t found much as I’m just getting used to navigating around the site.

I'm married with two children, inc one Teenager (Argh!!).

I have had surgery before as i have had two caesarean sections the second one with a local anaesthetic which i preferred , no sickness or side effects and i was up and about the morning after and home the day after that (With infected stitches, which sadly comes with Englands NHS).

Through research I’ve discovered that the wrap is a new operation and i have to fund it myself and w need to travel abroad as it isn’t carried out in the UK, in my case it will probably be Prague. I have also discovered that people have to have a general anaesthetic, not local, as you need to be still during the op. After great consideration, especially after reading all the Banders success stories on this site, i don't feel the Band is for me therefore I am going to have the Gastric band.

I have been in touch and have received an email back from Bob Bakalar at Prague Beauty LTD ( PB) and the fees are £3800 for a full package.
However I was wondering if anyone could help with my questions.

I would like to know:

1) Has anyone used this company before or can you recommend other companies they have used, why they used them and their fees?
2) How soon can I have the op done? (My hubby has hol’s due at Xmas and could stay home with our 7yr old – that’s if I don't need him with me - need advice on that too).
3) Will i be ok on my own or will i need someone with me?
4) Is it worth going to my GP for a full check up before applying just to see if i am fit?
5) Has anyone had combined surgery as i was thinking of an upper eye bag op which PB LTD , they would do as a package for an extra £800 or would this be too much health wise. I ask because I’m not sure how much pain the Gastric wrap will cause.

Many thanks and I look forward to your replies.

Back