• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

perkyprincess

hi,
im just at the start of my journey i have been referred for weight loss surgery and have my first consultation next week. im excited yet scared as im not sure of how all this works. i really need to lose weight as it is having a major impact on my life this is my last resort i feel like a bit of a failure as having tried loads of diets i didnt think that at 27 i would be going through this. i have a fantastic husband who is supporting me but it would be nice to hear from people in the same situation as myself.

thank you for listening.x

Hello and welxome aboard. I am also a newbie here and people are so welcoming.
I have spent alot of time reading the archives and have picked up alot of tips.
Where abouts are you from?
I am in Colchester Essex
Regards
Shelley

i have had my assessment with the dietician and doctor. they now have an mdt meeting and apply for funding which should not be a problem cause i fit my PCT category.
I have been given an exercise programme and a list of things to do to lose 5% and then 10% of my body weight in preparation for the op which could be this year.
Shelley

im really confused what is the criteria for the pct and how do they work the funding out. sorry to bother you with all these questions.
thank you.

thank you for all your help. its nice to chat to people in the same situation. good luck.x Nic.

thank you it feels like a million years ago i was refered by my doctor i didnt realise the process took so long but hanging in there its gonna be worth it.

thank you it feels like a million years ago i was refered by my doctor i didnt realise the process took so long but hanging in there its gonna be worth it.

first off welcome x next ring up you have to keep on too them i ring alot lol i know its a pain in the ass but the more you keep on the more you'll know you can always get your doc to do a letter to see whats the hold up it does help i did it took me 9 months from seing the doc to getting my funding lol im lucky so keep on to them xx

hi,

my doc first referred me in may i then had to wait till august to attend a bariatric seminar and then i only got my first appointment less than a week ago for the 26/01 so hopefully things will speed up a little now.

Hi and welcome to minis its a fabulous site with lots of rfriendly helpfull people on here good luck with your appointment next week hun:)

Sharon xx

hy perky and pet , lol you sound like a double act, it seems ages ago since i was starting out but it was only 15 months ago . such a lot as happend and here i am 3 months post op and knowing that warts and all it was the best thing i have ever done. i wish you both well on your journey and i hope it will be a short one good luck....................kath x

hello, i am also only in my twenties (25) and i am awaiting a gastric bypass. i know exactly how you feel, i have tried everything on the market today to lose weight, i can lose weight but the problem with me is maintaining the weight to be consistantly off and not to yoyo as i have (on 3 separate occasions within the last 15 years) lost 8 stone in weight but it just recurrs and i struggle. i feel that i know in myself that there is no other option for myself than to have a bypass. i am a single mother of 2 girls both under 5 yrs old and i am determined to make a change as i am sure my girls deserve a better life than the 1 they have at the minute.
look forward to hearing about your journey xx

Back