• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

JoannaN89

Hello everyone!

Im currently on a year long programme to see if I am suitable for weight loss surgery.

I have alot of issues that interfere with my weight and feel like this is my last resort!

Just a quick question, i suffer from Epilepsy and my consultant was asking me to find out if having surgery and reducing my stomach, but interfere with the amount of medication that gets released.

I dont suppose anyone is in the same boat or has any advice?

Joanna xxx

Hi and welcome :)
I'm disabled and have complex health problems and take various medications for life. That's the main reason I went for a sleeve not a bypass because there are less problems with malabsorption. My various consultants and my GP were happy with that choice for the same reason. It sounds like you are on tier 3 so hopefully you can talk about your situation in more detail to someone running the sessions? After I'd got to the end of my programme we had an information session at the hospital run by the bariatric team. That's when we were asked if we wanted to go ahead and we the surgeon and which surgery we wanted and why. But everyone has a different experience getting to surgery so my experience might be no help I'm afraid.

Hi! Thank you so much, i really appreciate your advice! I think im going to try and have the sleeve as well!

I am on tier 3, started it in January and actually have my 6 month check up with the consultant in about an hour!

How long since you had your sleeve?

Joanna xx

Hi Joanna. Welcome. I'm 4 weeks post sleeve op. I'm doing great. I was Pvt so unable to help with NHS process. Good luck. I'm sure you will get all the information you need on here.

I hope it went well @JoannaN89 ? I am on day 61 post op so very nearly 9 weeks out and I feel good most of the time. I don't miss food any more :)

Hey! Yes it went well thannks :)
although i havent been able to loose much weight since i saw him in January (definatly been trying - i walk to work and back every and thats 1.5 hours of walking at least) he says hes still impressed with my progress and commitment to the programme. He said it doesnt matter too much if i cant loose my 5% but it will be easier. I will see what i can do :)

Thats it now till i see hom again on the 9th Janurary where we discuss surgery options!

Scary!

Thats amazing! So you definatly dont regret it? Think im abit nervous, never been in hospital apert from outlatient, let alone surgery!

Xxx

No I really really don't :)

Just popping by to say hi!

Back