• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Mrs Miggins

Hi guys,

I'm 12wks post op. I had a bypass at Walsall Manor at the beginning of July. This is my 1st post but I've heard loads of good things about the guys on here! :) so hopefully you'll be able to help me?
My hair has started falling out which I think is normal? Also my weight loss has stopped!!!!!! I have lost 3 stone up to now but for the past few weeks, nothing! :cry:
Anyone got any tips or advice as to whether this is normal?
Also I hear there is a group that meets in Great Wyrley, can anyone tell me when this is?

Very confused x :wave_cry:

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

I'm only 4 days post op so can't be of any help!! Just wanted to say welcome.

One of our experienced bypassers will be here soon to offer you some help/advice. :)

Hiya xx Hope you enjoy the site. There are oodles of awesome bypassers who love to help and you will get loads of support so hope that you can stop worrying and enjoy fantastic beneficial friendships you are going to make on here soonx

Hey there and welcome....Yup the hairloss is normal and will stop falling out at about 6-7 months post op and the weightloss stalling is normal and will kick back in and out again anytime it wants to.
My tip is to measure yourself every 4 weeks and use that as a gage rather than lbs falling off. xxxx

Ohh and drink drink drink it works wonders xx

Hi and welcome to the site. Im pre op but due a bypass in December. I was advised by a lovely lady on here to use Elvive shampoo for men its a hair thickner in a grey bottle. I went up to asda yesterday and bought 2 bottles which are on offer to store for if and when i might need it. Loads of people on here have recommended it so give it a try. Sorry cant help with your weight loss problem lovey but it seems to be the same for lots of post oppers.

Hello Mrs Miggins

I had my bypass at WM on June 10th. The hair loss is normal, i've started to notice it when washing my hair over the bath... As for the weight loss stopping, don't worry it will start again. I think i had about 5 weeks of nothing (not all consecutively) and then a week of gaining a lb. Then in two weeks 7 lb off. It will start again, just be mindful you need to be sure to drink plenty.

As for the hair loss if it gets bad see your doctor and some selenium n zinc supplements...

I won't be at the support group this month (usually can't miss them as they really are beneficial) but i hope to see you at another one xxx

ps, well done on the 3 stone loss x

Welcome and good luck with your weightloss journey... love and hugs xxx

Hello Mrs Miggins and welcome to this site.

I have not lost any hair yet, but mine is sooooo thick I dont think I would notice.

I have had great weight losses, but at the mo feel I am coming up to a stall, so it happens to most of us.

Keep going you will get there hun.xx:)

Hi Mrs Miggins, welcome to WLS ...Im only days out from a bypass so no advice really just wanted to say hello XX

Back