• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hi from West Bromwich

BritishButch

Hi everyone,

My name's Lisa, and i'm new to this group. I am a member of Thinner Times, and was introduced to this group, after failing to find a British forum, by one of your members.

I've been advised by Manor Hospital in Walsall, that i'll be seeing my colsultant in March, and then i'll be having a Gastic Bypass.

I don't know who my Consultant is off the top of my head.

Is anyone from my area? Has anyone had their op at Walsall Manor Hospital?

Lisa
xxx

Not from your area but welcome to to the site x

Hi everyone,

My name's Lisa, and i'm new to this group. I am a member of Thinner Times, and was introduced to this group, after failing to find a British forum, by one of your members.

I've been advised by Manor Hospital in Walsall, that i'll be seeing my colsultant in March, and then i'll be having a Gastic Bypass.

I don't know who my Consultant is off the top of my head.

Is anyone from my area? Has anyone had their op at Walsall Manor Hospital?

Lisa
xxx

Hi Lisa im glad you made it here, there is quite a few thats had wls in your area that have had there op at walsall manor im sure they will be along soon to say hello.

Liz x

Hi Lisa welcome to the forum. I'm fairly new here myself but I've found this place to be very welcoming and very helpful.

Take care

Jaxx xx

Hi Lisa and welcome to WLSurgery.com

I live just up the road from you in Sutton Coldfield and had my bypass at the Manor on 30/08/09. Theres a huge group of us on here that had our ops at Walsall as well as many still waiting for their ops.

So what stage are you at hun? How many appointments have you had now? Are you on the waiting list yet?

Look for the thread called Walsall Massive... thats where us Walsall peeps hang out!

Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the site. I'm Melanie from Wolverhampton and also having my surgery at Walsall Manor under the care of Mr Khan.

I'm due to have my op in May(ish) time and have my pre-op assessments booked for March and April as I've recently been added to the waiting list.

I'm sure you'll find lots of helpful information and support on here, and best of luck for your journey!

Mel x x x

Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome.

Well I went to see the lady for an appointment a month or so ago, and after assessing my weight, my health, and my family history and lifestyle, she said I would definitely be having the op. She decided the Bypass was more suited to me than the Band.

She told me I would be seeing a Dr Kendrick in March for a Consultation. I found the appointment card earlier when I was tidying up.

I've tried diets, the gym, and those horrible tablets that give you the runs, so she says this is the next step for me.

I'm sure she mentioned Dr Khan, i'm guessing she did if he is the main man there.

would that be Ana, the bariatric nurse that you saw? Most people seem to have 2 appointments (excluding Dr Kendrick as not everyone see's him). After these 2 appointments funding is applied for from your PCT (I guess you come under sandwell). Once you have funding you go on the waiting list which is around 20 weeks.

For most people the wait from that first appointment to surgery can be anything between 6 and 9 months.

Hi Lisa, I used to live in West Brom but I am in Wolverhampton now and I had my op at Walsall Manor in November and it is a great place to go, the staff there are fantastic.
Welcome to the site and feel free to ask any questions as this place is the best ever for support and as we have all been where you are now we all have a good range of advice for you xxxx

Hi Lisa...

I am on the waiting list for Walsall Manor and anticipate my op being around May time...

Dr Kendrick (shoot me if i'm wrong) does the psych assessments. Not everyone sees him and i don't believe its anything to worry about. If you do come under Sandwell pct then you're the same as Lamornamiss who is waiting to have pre op appt's.

The normal procedure for the Manor is you have an initial appt when you see Ana and Dr H...... They tell you what op will suit you best and usually people agree. Then you get a 4 month cooling off period, you go back after that time to tell them if you want the operation or not.... Then they apply for funding, you go on the waiting list and wait for two pre op assessment appointments. Usually at the second pre op (with the gas man) with Mr Yousef he gives you a date for your surgery...

Hope this helps, if you want to add me to facebook here is my id and i'll be happy to answer any questions if i can xx

[email protected]

Hi Lisa and welcome
i'm also new here and found the info and advice a great help. I'm from the Darlaston area , but i was referred to Heartlands Birmingham, it seems most from this area are going or have been to the Manor , i'm confussed why i was sent to B'ham , i'm having a band on 2/2/10 although now i'm concerned the bypass my have been a better option. Any way good luck with the journey .x

Back