• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

misswinkytinky

Hello all merry christmas.
well I am new to this.. I have discussed a band with my DRS few months back but it was decided that i would go back in a few months cos I was previously dealing with post natal deression.
I am going back to the GP on January 6th to disguss the band.
What i want to know is what happens there after? how long is the waiting list from Gp to surgery? I was going to get a loan and go private but i cannot afford the expense has i might be made redundant.
I am currently 20 stone so its life changin event for me!!.

A warm welcome xxx

All the very best to you Michelle and the warmest of welcomes to you... there are some very experienced 'banders' on the forum here who can advise you better than I, but I just wanted to welcome you and wish you all the very best on your wls journey.

Love and hugs xxx

:welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

hi michele and welcome :) i cant anwser ur question as all areas r different depending on hosp and pct and things, sum ppl wait 6mnths sum wait a couple of yrs if u post what hospital ud b at sum 1 might b able 2 shed sum light for u, gud luck at the docs xx

thanks for replying. Ilive in wales and just read that funding is not avaialable in wales.. so gutted!! still seeing my GP though

Good Luck when you see the GP, Its a shame that funding isnt available in Wales. Still owrth seeing the gp though as he might be able to reccommend something. Hope it goes well and Merry Christmas to you too :D XX

just read via a search engineit is available!!!! woop woop

Good luck Michele. I have no idea but would say to you that speak to your consultant openly and honestly about your eating habits and then take his advice re what surgery would suit you best. Good luck hun xx

thanks i just hope it does not take too long..just want the ball rolling

Michele it's common 2 feel inpatient I was inpatient waiting 4 funding and it only took 2wks lol n now I'm inpatient waiting for my date lol, I hope things go ur way and uv got HUD support xc

chick i have good support but in wales.. the funding ere is crap to put it bluntly.. but i,m going to fight for it!!!

All the very best Michelle and never say never... wishing you all the very best of everything and good luck to you.

Sending love and hugs xxx

It's such a shame that were u live makes such a difference 2 funding, it's not fare, here I'm Birmingham it's easy 2 get funding and it doesn't take long, best off luck Hun xx

thanks for replying. Ilive in wales and just read that funding is not avaialable in wales.. so gutted!! still seeing my GP though

I live in Wales and got funding granted 2 weeks after my GP referred me.

Hi Michelle and :welcome2:to the forum!

I really don`t know how long it will take to get your surgery; as for health reasons I went private to get it done more urgently.

Some people seem to get their dates through within weeks, and others seem to wait months or a year or two. I guess its really a postcode lottery - very unfair as some parts of the country are better than others at getting the ball rolling.

Hope you manage to get sorted out before long.
A lot of people on here seem to be incredibly patient, waiting a long time for their surgery. But they do seem to use that time to find out all there is to know to prepare them for the event, and also to help it happen quicker!

Take care hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

THANKS

PETER, HEARING THAT SOMEONE FROM WALES HAS GOT FUNDING is a massive WOOP WOOP:553::talk017: I,m only now starting on this venture to a new me.. AND KNOWING that funding is available is fab fab fab..

Back