• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Does your personality change after the op?

• For the better. Makes you happier.

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Or do you have regrets. Makes you sad.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

alisoomy71

Hi my name is Alison, I have been on the waiting list for 13months, with mr el hasani. I found out in march I'm going to the chelsfeild hospital and I was 1 of 100 names sent and I was in the last batch of 20 names. I rang again this month and I was told I am there were a good dozen in front of me and to expect my op in August/September.
I am quite anxious keep thinking about after the op, the excess skin if it will change me as a person I am rather scared, think I am driving my partner mad constantly talking about it, but he is very supportive even now he still day's if you don't want to go through with it then don't. But I do I really do.

You've come to a good place, I was driving my hubby nuts too and this forum is a great way to talk about it as much as you like without doing anyone's heads in!! Welcome x

dinkydink said:
You've come to a good place, I was driving my hubby nuts too and this forum is a great way to talk about it as much as you like without doing anyone's heads in!! Welcome x

Thanks I have been reading the posts fora while before I joined up and then couldn't work it hence why I have posted twice now oops lol.
Is it normal to go on about it as much as I do, I either think about it write about it on my diary or talk about it every single day.

dinkydink said:

Have you had your op already?

dinkydink said:

Thanks I'm glad I'm not the only one. Have you already had your surgery?

Welcome to the forum. I am 6 weeks post op today and found this forum a life line :) xx

Know what you mean. I'm officially a bariatric surgery bore! I need to get a grip or will become a social outcast LOL
Had all your worries but I feel great & coping. To be honest my life is great but it was before my op despite my weight. The weight loss has drastically improved my mobility & blood pressure so mainly health benefits for me. Of course appearance changing & people's comments are nice to receive. Feeling fitter due to exercising regularly. Trying to tone up but inevitably having been so big, there is loose skin but can cope with it.
Finding adaptions to social life (alcohol & eating out) a bit of a challenge at first but small changes & understanding friends & family help. It is natural to have all these questions milling around in your mind. This forum is a great help.

Bellydancer57 said:
Know what you mean. I'm officially a bariatric surgery bore! I need to get a grip or will become a social outcast LOL
Had all your worries but I feel great & coping. To be honest my life is great but it was before my op despite my weight. The weight loss has drastically improved my mobility & blood pressure so mainly health benefits for me. Of course appearance changing & people's comments are nice to receive. Feeling fitter due to exercising regularly. Trying to tone up but inevitably having been so big, there is loose skin but can cope with it.
Finding adaptions to social life (alcohol & eating out) a bit of a challenge at first but small changes & understanding friends & family help. It is natural to have all these questions milling around in your mind. This forum is a great help.

It's all the things that go through your mind every day I think of something else. Was yours band or bypass? I dread to think what I'll be like when I get my date can't get much worse then I am now......surly not!

How long before did you find out and was it by phone or letter?
What hospital was you at?

How much weight did you lose hope you don't mind me asking?

I am just starting out on my journey so no advice just wanted to say Hi and hope all goes well on your journey

Cheryl

Hi Alison,

I'm fairly new on here too and I've had almost identical thoughts and worries to you. All I can say is you've come to the right place. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful it's great. :)

Paula Lewis said:
Hi Alison,

I'm fairly new on here too and I've had almost identical thoughts and worries to you. All I can say is you've come to the right place. Everyone here is so friendly and helpful it's great. :)

Where are you having your op? I am so glad I found this forum it's already been great just realizing your not on your own with all the thoughts and feelings we go through. I find it strange that so many people going through the same thing can have such varied experiences. From how long they wait to what they have to do pre-op and post-op.

Good luck on your journey

I don't think you will be waiting too much longer hun, good luck x

I had a sleeve & have lost 5 1/2 stone & dropped 4 dress sizes since January.
I waited exactly 1 year from first referral to op. my funding came through pretty quickly after about 4 months. My funding approval was by letter but my surgeon told me face to face that my op would be done in the next 4weeks in January this year. I was then contacted by letter to confirm & the dietician contacted me by phone & email with the liver shrinkage diet. I then had a pre op session at the hospital for various check ups & a classroom session with the team to learn all about the post op regime, physio excercise etc.
Hope that helps. I am under Mr Mannur at the Hommerton hospital in central London. I did have some probs with severe allergies to my medication post op but the surgery was no prob. All hospitals have slightly different processes so I'm sure others will let you know about theirs. Keep asking questions this is a great forum.

Mines in 2 weeks! It's all I talk/think about! I have only told my mom and hubby so I think they are already over it!! This site keeps me sane. Well-sane-ish!!! X

Back