• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Jeanniepw

Hi everyone, I have been on Mr. El Hasani's NHS waiting list since Oct 2010 but just found out that his secretary is forcasting that the chance of my op wont be until 2013 - two years time Ekkk! I saw Mr. El Hasani this morning privately and I could have the op in three weeks time if I can find the money :-(
Very expensive, but I am now so worried about what I should do. Friends are saying just diet for three years, but I have been dieting for donkeys years and the weight comes back, plus I am on Tamoxifen for breast cancer and that is not helping weight loss at the moment either.... My surgeon has said that I need Gastric bypass but there are complications with my stomach and he wont know till he opens me up what exactly he is going to do... I am in a real quandry....:cry:

Hi Jeannie, I didn't want to read and run. I'm sorry to hear about the timescales for an op with Mr E-H on the NhS. wish I could offer some better news for u but I've been hearing this a lot recently. I had my bypass done by mr E-H but I went private, but for me I was in a fortunate position to be able to and I know others aren't. Try and keep ur chinup and hopefully timescales improve xx

I wish you all the very best xx I wish I had relevant advice but I had to go private for mine .
Whatever happens , please stick around anyway as you will be able to get a lot of support and advice regarding WLS and hopefully just being here will help with any diet you decide to try in the meantime.
I think quite a lot of WLS companies now offer payment plans if you decide to go down the self funding route and of course , there will be people like Beccles with your choice of surgeon (well most relevant surgeons are covered on here I think) to help you choose the option right for you x

Hi Jeannie, what about seeing your gp and asking to sent to another hospital, it may speed things up for you, I know in my area the pct use three different hospitals, might be worth a go hun.

If you can possibly afford to go private then I would do that. Yes you could go on a diet for three years and get to the weight you want but you have probably tried that a million times before. You could get a loan and start your weight loss now and pay for it over three years with knowledge that you probably wont have to consider surgery again in three years.
I have also had breast cancer, twice but there have been no indications that it would interfere with the surgery I'm having on Friday........ eeeekkkk Friday lol.
Good luck with your decisions.
Lynne xx

Hi Jeannie , don't lose hope :) I joined his waiting list in January and I have spoken to his secretary , he has dramatically cut the amount of surgery he is doing at the moment . But by my reconning the waiting time should be between 12 and 18 months MAX , hang in there it will soon go

Kate x

2013 is ridonkulous! As i-wanna-be-slim said could you not see your GP and ask to be changed? i know there are 3 hospital choices in my area too, so maybe theres more in your area?

Hope everything goes fast for you hun
xx

Wishing you all the best for what ever you decide, I do not have any dealings with regards to going private so I cannot advise - All the best though hun xx

He also operates at Kings Cross (NHS) and Chelsfield (private).

Hi
I was put on Mr El-Hasani's waiting list on Wednesday, and saw Star who informed me it is a 2 year wait at the moment. I really do know how you feel, being in limbo for 2 years is going to be hell. Like you I would love to go private, but just can't afford it. All we can do is just hang on in there. My worry is that funding may be cut within 2 years, and really don't know how things will stand after that.
I wish you the very best of luck with your journey hun, it's gonna be a very long road for us!!

Hi
I was put on Mr El-Hasani's waiting list on Wednesday, and saw Star who informed me it is a 2 year wait at the moment. I really do know how you feel, being in limbo for 2 years is going to be hell. Like you I would love to go private, but just can't afford it. All we can do is just hang on in there. My worry is that funding may be cut within 2 years, and really don't know how things will stand after that.
I wish you the very best of luck with your journey hun, it's gonna be a very long road for us!!

Do you mind me asking approx how much going privately is?
Thanks hun

It's about £11k but you sometimes can get a discount if his feeling generous or dependent on time of financial year - I booked at the end of December and he gave me a discount of £700 off the full price.

Gosh that is a terribly long wait! So sorry for you! Please don't give up hope though. As the others have said, if you can find a way to go private I would seriously consider that. All the best xxx

You poor thing. 2013 is crazy!

I am being banded by Mr El Hasani in 9 days time at a cost of £6500. I got an appointment immediately and during the first consultation he offered me the op in 2 weeks time (I waited a few more weeks because it suited me better).

I think it is truly appalling that if you pay the wait is 2 weeks and if you can't, it is 2 years.

I really hope things work out for you and wish you well.

Love Lyndie x

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:Well I didn't win the lottery this weekend, so it looks like a 2/3 year wait for me then!

Back