• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

babalon

Hi my name is Sasha, I'm a Diabetic and have been for 25yrs! I'm desperate to be a mum & so many things are getting in the way & finally surgery is my tool to help me change everything. Any advise would be greatly appreciated please.

WoW this site is amazing! Just love reading all your wonderful posts! Such inspiration. I'm counting down the days to my Pre-op....week tmrw on 21st May. I've never been so excited about anything this much before! Sure I'm very nervous too but just can't wait to be able to do so much more.

Please can anyone tell me is there a general rule of thumb how long you wait to have your surgery after your pre-op? Just wondering if it's a short wait or not? ? x

Last edited:
Hi Babalon,

For most of us the pre-op appointment is about one month before the surgery and you should be given your surgery date at your pre-op appointment, as well as details of which pre-op diet your hospital recommends.

Hi ya, I too am having surgery (band) for fertility reasons. I've been trying for approx 4 yrs and after removal of a Fallopian tube last yr was told I'd prob need IVF. To have IVF my bmi needs to be certain amount which I'd never achieve on my own nor in a reasonable amount of time. I'm 31 and becoming very desperate to be a mummy and fit and healthy.
My op is on Saturday. Very excited but nervous also!
Good luck with your Pre op
Kelly x

Thanks ladies, this really helps & prepares you for the journey ahead. You realise your not the only person out there in this situation!

I'm 36yrs old & too have been trying for several years and time is ticking on. I'm really worried if I have to go for IVF that I won't be funded because of my age & cut of age in Trowbridge (Wiltshire) where I live is 38yrs so I'm praying I'm in time!

So possibly June I could be in for my Band! That makes me very Happy thanks for that info, gives me a rough idea at least. I have to say I am having my surgery at Southmead Bristol & they do the Bands on Day Surgery now Si in looking to be in & out with in a day...very quick I think! Bring it on & as much info as you cane.....a Big Thank you to all of you & Good Luck to everyone on the journey x

Sharonimo said:
Hi Babalon,

For most of us the pre-op appointment is about one month before the surgery and you should be given your surgery date at your pre-op appointment, as well as details of which pre-op diet your hospital recommends.

Thanks Sharonimo, even more excited now having a rough idea! Can't wait a new chapter in life ahead ? x

:welcome:

kellbells said:
Hi ya, I too am having surgery (band) for fertility reasons. I've been trying for approx 4 yrs and after removal of a Fallopian tube last yr was told I'd prob need IVF. To have IVF my bmi needs to be certain amount which I'd never achieve on my own nor in a reasonable amount of time. I'm 31 and becoming very desperate to be a mummy and fit and healthy.
My op is on Saturday. Very excited but nervous also!
Good luck with your Pre op
Kelly x

Oh Kelly I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulties too, im 36 & have been trying for several years, but I've been through major surgery twice in the last 12mths so needed to get out the way first before the Band, hey we'll get there in the end & the journey ahead is a good one! Fit, healthy & happy mums on there way! ? good luck for Sat, keep us up to date, all the best. Sashx

Good luck to both of you with your upcoming surgery and best of luck to you both with fertility treatment.
Em xxxxxx

Welcome babalon. (and good luck kellbells!)

Xx

Just packed my hospital bag......eeeeeee!!! 3 days to go!!! (only a little excited!)
good luck with your op and for your fertilty treatment it took me seven years to have my first son and 10 to have my second well worth the wait. They are now 18 and 8.

Em

Fantastic!! Just a couple of nights now & you'll be ready to welcome the other side! Look out here she comes! I'm very excited for you...not long now & you'll be wondering what all the worry was about. Good luck lovey...keep us informed x

Sorry message was for Kelbells, thanks for the good wishes Em. Just loving this blog, everyone is so so supportive & helpful! X

Thanks sash, I'm nearly bursting (pardon the pun!) with excitement. The 19th of may is going to be my new birthday!
You're right, the forum is brilliant for support, tips and anything else! Not long till your Pre-op. woo hoo!! xx

Back