• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Welcome, hope being here will be as helpful and supportive to you, as it has been to me :)

Hi big-D. The seminar is pretty straight forward. Take a drink with you because you are there about three hours all together. The nurse will weigh you and the Dr Gopinath tells you about the different surgeries. I took a note book so I could write important bits down and ask any questions I had for afterwards. They should give you a weight loss target and diet plan while you are there. I already have my appointment for 1st one on one consultation on the 14th September. Where are you? I live in billingham. It's all a bit daunting once they lay it all out for you about the pros and cons of surgery and I went home feeling quite scared but since then have read about it a lot and this forum is amazing. The pros far out weigh the cons and now although still a bit scared I'm very excited! Do you want to be surgery buddies...lol! X

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

cheers for the advice. If u go do the seminar does that mean u av funding? ive so many question lol. Im from hartlepool.... defo buddies lol x

Well I wasn't sure about that either but they said at seminar that the fact you were invited to one means you will get funding. We are really lucky with north tees... The waiting list is much much shorter than in Sunderland and they seem to have better funding. There is a meet up in the costa coffee in Durham on the 15th sept at 11am if you are free. I'm going along with a few others. You should come to...or if you fancy meeting for a chat closer to home we could arrange something. It's so nice to know there are other people going through the same thing. It's difficult talking to people who aren't going through it because they don't get it x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I can't make the 14 but defo meet up closer to home. Do u know what surgery u will av??. It is really nice talking to people who r going thought the same. X

Thanks again for advice....will u let me know how ur next appointment goes and I'll keep u informed fingers crossed x

Back