• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie :-)

Nina84

Im Nina from Sweden.
Could anyone advise me on what to do? I live in manchester and my bmi is 43.5
What are the first steps? I would love advises as ive been thinking of having this gastric band done for years but now is really the time a i dont want to gain more weight, it just seems to be coming on every minute. My GP wont do a referal to the NHS as he says they dont do WLS anylonger, will need to go private. I find it hard to save up as i dont have much extra pr month. Ive applied for loan for the gastric band but got a no.

I try as much as i can to exersise but my body just wont allow me . My knee is in pain. Always tired. Bit of depression. New in the town and dont know anyone. Its always me and the kids. Dont have time for myself so am really down. :-(

Cant give any advice, but just wanted to say hello, and welcome.
Im sure someone will come along soon who may well have some sage words for you :)

I should also add, that if you're going for the band, find someone on here who has had it done abroad. Find out what they have done wrt to band fills/defills etc. Have they taken out a maintenance contract in UK, or have they made other arrangements? This was one of the reasons I decided the band wasn't for me.

Back