• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

new here

Nina02332

Surgery date November 29th! So excited but nervous! I'm having the bypass. I weigh 246 lbs and live in Massachusetts. Trying to eat my favorite foods for the last time! Any advice?

hiya nina and welcome to the site :) good luck with your op :) xxx

Trying to eat my favorite foods for the last time! Any advice?

Hi Nina,

Although I am pre-op and possibly not the best to advise, what I have heard from a few post oppers is often DON'T go on a big binge just prior to your surgery .... some said they regretted it when it made their weight go up, and here in the UK some of our hospitals will cancel the surgery if your weight has gone up between your last appointment and your surgery.

Doing so may also mess up your "Liver Shrinkage Diet" which I imagine you are on.

Trying to eat my favorite foods for the last time! Any advice?

You will be able to eat those foods again -- but in very much smaller portions. Don't view the surgery as the end of enjoying food.

Best wishes for your op !

went to ear nose n throat dr today because I have been hoarse since September. I still have ulcers on my vocal cords. I am to continue the antacid omeprazole for six months but have been told I'm fine for surgery Tuesday!

Hello and good luck with your op!!! xx

Well I saw the ear nose and throat dr today. I still have ulcers o. My vocal cords but I'm clear for surgery Tuesday! I'm to call hospital Monday to take laxative n report Tuesday for surgery! I can't wait!

good luck for the 29th, im going in for bypass on the 2nd December so will be thinking of you x

I'm hoping to have some strained Turkey soup by Christmas! Ill keep everyone posted. Sunday n Monday are my days to take two showers! Monday I drink the laxative magnesium citrate

Back