• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newby from Huddersfield

martinails

Hi just registered trying to find my way round.I'm hoping to have a gastric band fitted in the near future.I have jumped through most of the NHS hoops so far (12 months waiting upto date)and i've got my pre op tomorrow.Ive met the surgeon and just waiting for a date any know how long after this :sigh:
Marti xx

hiya :) u from hudds, i got a group of local ladies together all from leeds,bradford,hudds,barnsley. we meet up every couple of weeks and we are all at diff stages. if u want to send me your name il add u on our facebook group. xx

martinails said:
Hi just registered trying to find my way round.I'm hoping to have a gastric band fitted in the near future.I have jumped through most of the NHS hoops so far (12 months waiting upto date)and i've got my pre op tomorrow.Ive met the surgeon and just waiting for a date any know how long after this :sigh:
Marti xx

Hi I'm from Barnsley, I'm just at the beginning of my journey and have my appointment for the group session at Northern General in a couple of weeks x

Hi I'm from Barnsley, I'm just at the beginning of my journey and have my appointment for the group session at Northern General in a couple of weeks x

feel free to try join us at our meetings. we have a lady called emma who comes to meet us from barnsley :)

Hi welcome to the site. I'm in jess's group and we have a good laugh and get some great info. Also your local area usually has an official support group. Have a look in weight loss meetings there may be a local one there. Everyone here is great anything you need just ask someone here will have the answer xx

Hi welcome to the site. I'm in jess's group and we have a good laugh and get some great info. Also your local area usually has an official support group. Have a look in weight loss meetings there may be a local one there. Everyone here is great anything you need just ask someone here will have the answer xx

lol its not jess's group its our group :) xx

And what a fab group we are :)

Welcome to the site Marti, you'll find loads of support & useful info on here.

Jo x

Hi Marti and welcome, this group has loads of info and I'm pleased to see a few of the Yorkshire ladies have already introduced thesense. I'm Wendy and I'm from Leeds, so not too many miles away. You can get loads of info on here, we formed our group 'Yorkshire Ladies' for more local info though. I for one found it difficult to get locally specific info on here. And you will find that routes to wl surgery differ from area to area.

Cant find the FB group for yorkshire I've been hearing about on here:( is it a secret group x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi, I had my pre-op last Friday and got a call yesterday to say my surgery would be on 31/7. Started milk diet today, so I would say not too long for you either :)

thank you for your reply where are you having the surgery??and who is your surgeon
really excited now they said there wasnt much of a waiting list xxx

I'm having it done at Dewsbury and Mr Jamil is doing it. Are you having it done at Huddersfield? I have heard good reports about there x

Back