• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS tummy tuck referral

gbone

I used to be super obese
Another TT thread I know.

A brief intro my name is John I have gone from 24 stone 6 down to 15 st 10 in the last 7 months,and have been referred by my GP for a tummy tuck without question really I was amazed I thought I would have to practice the old water works but he absolutely agreed that for my build I am pretty much at goal weight I am a big guy anyway I spent all of my weight loss lifting weights like a madman and used to be a shot putter even at my fattest I was always bigger at the chest and shoulders than the waist,I was wondering how long between putting this forward have people had to wait ,I saw the doc 3 weeks ago and the wait is killing me,I feel like I am standing still waiting to hear about a consultation or whatever,and I keep hearing so many rumours and keep thinking have I lost enough weight?,is my BMI too high? am I still too fat? there seems to be different stories every time you read something else I am panicking because some people have them straight away others have to maintain and whos to say the BMI charts are accurate I mean I fit into the same 36" waist jeans as my 12 stone cousin.I started off with a 58" waist and 62" chest and am now at a 37" round the belly button and 48" at the chest and apart from the lower stomach hang I wouldnt consider myself fat anymore.Have I done enough?This anticipation is worse than being fat no one tells you about this when you start:)

I just feel like this is the final step of a journey that is impossible to finish on my own and if I dont get it or even hear about the consultation I dont know where to go because if I keep losing weight I will be smaller than I want to be and I cant improve the lower stomach anyway so why keep going.

Sorry for the long rant but I feel a bit lost at the minute

Hi, just noticed that you've posted and no-ones popped in and responded. Well done you on your weight loss - you've done fantastically. Cant really help on the TT front as I'm still on my way down but its obvious I'm going to require some tidying up once I reach goal. However, I do know its a postcode lottery as to whether you get one on the NHS or not. In most areas you get recommended by your GP to your PCT (primary care trust) who approve your TT or not. In some areas GP's refer direct to the plastic surgeons who are able to make the decision themselves. How long appointments take to come through and how long after that before any operation again is another postcode lottery. What area are you in? And has your GP referred you to a plastic surgeon or just recommended you to your local PCT?

However long your wait for an appointment is, hang in there, you've done incredibly well dont blow it now.

Oh and btw Happy New Year x

Just wanted to say well done on your weight loss. It really is fantastic and I really hope you manage to get the tt xx

Well done on your weight loss, and the tummy tuck referral. :) it'll finalise the new you for sure! :)

Back