• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Would you recommend a tummy tuck?

Tink78

I am 5' tall and weigh around 9st 3lb at the moment so just on the borderline of overweight but am on slimfast, aiming to get to 8st 7lb!

The problem is that I have had 2 babies by emergency cs. My youngest is now 4.5 yrs old. I feel that my waistline isn't that bad - it varies between 28 and 29.5" as my weight fluctuates and I do have a 'hourglass' figure in that I go in and out in the right places!

The problem is that I still have a horrid overhang left from the cs and to make matters worse, it's not even straight, so there's more fat on one side than the other! I find that I can't wear very figure-hugging dresses etc and if I wear a bikini I have to get one high cut to tuck the flabby bit into!:cry:

I sometimes think I look ok in clothes, but naked I think my stomach is hiddeous! My husband doesn't seem bothered by it but I am.

I probabky can't afford it just yet but have been contemplating having a tummy tuck done one day, possibly with a bit of lipo on my thighs and bum too. Do you think it's worth the expense and the pain for the end result? Do I sound like a reasonable candidate and how much, roughly does it cost?

Thanks for your advice!:)

I'm considering a tt once i reach goal. After having 5 large babies i have a huge overhang which is looking worse as it 'deflates'. I sometimes lurk on a forum called look your best. You could get some very good advice on there along with 1st hand experience. Good luck.

I've just had a TT done on the NHS and i would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Although im swollen now i can see a massive difference and im so pleased. The pain isn't that bad to be honest and the hospital stay ok.

I would say go for it, either private or NHS (depending on your loss and circumstances)

To be honest I doubt I'd get one done on the NHS. I haven't lost that much weight. The most I have lost on a diet is 19lb I think. Whilst to me my stomach is horrid, I doubt it would be seen as bad enough to cause me serious psychological difficulties so I think I'll have to pay if I want one done!:rolleyes:

Back