• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Tummy Tuck

Bubbles8504

Hi all,
I had my NHS tummy tuck & hernia repair on Wednesday 11th Feb, I went in on the 10th & had the op on the 11th at 1.30pm, I was at the Queen Victoria Hospital in East Grinstead & the hospital & staff were all great i felt thoroughly looked after.

On the morning of the op the surgeon came down to the ward to see me he asked me several questions then he proceeded to draw on me with a black marker pen.
A short while later the anaesthetist came round to talk about what will happen in theatre & then the discharge coordinator came to check some details with me for when i went home.
At this point i was told i would be in hospital until Monday.
Well it's been 4 days since my op, i was sent home yesterday & i feel fab. I've have had no pain or discomfort at all since the op apart from my back but when you are arched over like an old woman it's understandable that you will ache after a while.

At 1.15pm on Wed the theatre staff came & got me we went to the theatre where i had a catheter put in the back of my hand & a rather handsome chap joked with me and asked 'if i came here often' to which i replied 'well i don't make a habit of it' & the next thing i woke up in recovery.
I was wide awake no sickness & i wasn't tired at all, i was also expecting to be sore but i was fine.So was taken back to the ward at 4.14pm.
My husband & eldest daughter came to see me at 6pm & jokingly asked if i had my op as i looked so well.
I didn't sleep for the first 2 nights it's not that easy to sleep when the nurses are rattling around, bringing your tablets & checking blood pressure & drains all night.
FRiday morning doctors arrived as normal about 8.15am they checked my blood pressure & drains & said i could go home.
I called hubby & he came & got me at 11.30am, was pleased to be home but found it very frustrating not being able to do anything.
Saturday the brusing started to come out & my tummy muscles are very tight but i feel no pain from the wound which is from hip to hip.
Slept for 7 hrs last night which was great.

I slept on my side for the first time this morning after waking at 6.45 & having my pain killers ( which i do recommend you take on time even if you feel of, the pain can catch up with you all though this hasn't happened to me) i decided to go back to bed for a while & lying on my side was comfortable & a relief especially for my bottom as it's now has the feeling back in it.
Decided this afternoon to have a bath, just a few inches to kneel in so the dressings wouldn't get wet i found it was just enough to shave my legs & wash my bits etc & i even managed to lean over the bath afterwards to wash my hair.
I really didn't think i would be doing all this so soon. i honestly don't feel like i've had a operation.

thanks for doing this bubbles, this is a reaaly good guide for anyone thinking about the tt process.

Back