• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Tummy Tuck Help

jessikahlashes

Hello to everyone here! I am new so don't know if I am posting in the right place so sorry if I am totally lost! I am wanting some help with info on an nhs tummy tuck, before I continue I thought I'd let all you lovely people know a little bit about me! So here goes!
My name is Jess and I had always been over weight, when I was 6 I was even big, at just 10 I used to have to visit a dietician once a week to help with my weight problem, my mum was always my main support and when I was 12 my mum passed away, as amazing as my dad was at taking on the role of mum and dad, take aways and big portions soon became the norm in my house and before I know it I'm 16 and 17 stone. I struggled through school and sixth form, constantly battling and forever growing bigger, at 18 I met my partner and we very quickly fell pregnant with our first daughter and i gained 2 stone through pregnancy, when our daughter was just 5 months old we fell pregnant again with our second daughter and I gained another 2 stone through pregnancy! Suddenly the realisation hits that I'm 21 years old and have 2 beautiful baby girls and a loving fiancé and I weigh 21 and a half stone, if there was ever a time to lose the weight for me this was it! So I went along to slimming world and in 17 months lost 11 and a half stone and I'm now 10 stone. I've maintained for 2 years. My bmi has gone from 45 to 23. I thought with the weight loss would come this whole new world of confidence but for me it's been the opposite, I rarely go out and am very depressed about my tummy. I get sores and other medical things going on. I went to my gp and we applied for finding for a tummy tuck and I got a straight forward no, 6 months past and I decided to go back, after several appointments with my gp he decided we would apply one more time but he told me not to get my hopes up. I came home from appointment and broke down, applied on Tuesday and Thursday the post came, it was a letter, I have been accepted for funding and gp has been asked to forward my acceptance letter to a surgeon who will invite me in for a chat and then get date for surgery!!! I have literally been dancing around for a week. All I have ever wanted is to just feel normal and I feel like I now have a chance! I just wanted to see if anyone here has had a tummy tuck on the nhs and if they could give me any info? How long was your wait from receiving your acceptance letter? What was the process like? Wait time to see surgeon? Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this. Hope you are all doing well and sending you all lots of love xxxxxx

angiemason

well done getting funding xx sorry can't help about the surgery though i am 11 months after my op , to be honest noy as much loose skin as i expected at my age (50) but the top of my legs look like norah batty's tights :) and i have a slight over hang at my tummy it doesn't get infections or anything and is only slight but i will keep reading this to see what the replies are and hope you are as happy as you want to be once it's done xxx and really well done for slimming without surgical help i tried on and off for years lost 7 or 8 stone but always managed to put it back on :(

jessikahlashes

Thank you for the reply and well done! I guess I haven't been as lucky as you with the tummy! Mine is bad, just desperate for it now!! Xx

highspirit

good luck xx