• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Nixe Tuna salads (Lidl)

weegie

Again not a recipe but a recommendation. A ready to go complete meal, high in protein and very tasty. Does not need to be refrigerated so great for having on the go or for lunches.

Lidl has these thrupenny bit shaped Tuna salads alongside their tins of normal tuna. There is Mediterranean, Mexican and Tuna with rice. They all taste really nice. The Mediterranean has a few bits of pasta in it, and the Mexican has kidney beans and sweet corn. The rice one has peppers etc. all have a tasty sauce and the tuna is actual chunks and not mush.

Can't remember the exact price but around £1.85. They even come with a little plastic fork stuck to the top. :)

I have these for my lunch of if I know I will be out all day and may struggle to find something suitable.

Hope this helps someone. As I said great because you do not need a fridge, a fork or a can opener as they lid peels off. :)

weegie

Heres the info for the Mediterranean one, it is the one with the least cals.

Attachments

• image-3350675935.jpg
    image-3350675935.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 143

los in it

Sounds tasty will pop by my local branch can you stick a photo up on here of it as well?

weegie

Only had these two left as I scoffed the Mediterranean one for lunch lol. Its not a tin but like one of those containers you get posh cat food in. Lol. They are on MFP too.

Attachments

• image-796506222.jpg
    image-796506222.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 328

los in it

thanks for the photos I will deffo get a few packs and leave them at work as "stand by"food

weegie

thanks for the photos I will deffo get a few packs and leave them at work as "stand by"food

You are welcome, they are ideal for that. :)

kurstywursty

Again not a recipe but a recommendation. A ready to go complete meal, high in protein and very tasty. Does not need to be refrigerated so great for having on the go or for lunches. Lidl has these thrupenny bit shaped Tuna salads alongside their tins of normal tuna. There is Mediterranean, Mexican and Tuna with rice. They all taste really nice. The Mediterranean has a few bits of pasta in it, and the Mexican has kidney beans and sweet corn. The rice one has peppers etc. all have a tasty sauce and the tuna is actual chunks and not mush. Can't remember the exact price but around £1.85. They even come with a little plastic fork stuck to the top. :) I have these for my lunch of if I know I will be out all day and may struggle to find something suitable. Hope this helps someone. As I said great because you do not need a fridge, a fork or a can opener as they lid peels off. :)
I have bought these in the past. They are lovely xx

sundown

Those are really nice and I'd also give a big thumbs up to Baxters' new meal pots which you just take the top off and pop in the micro for 2 minutes.

They've got:

• Smoky Mixed Bean, Chicken & Quinoa. 250g pot. 195 Cals. 12.75g protein
  • Malaysian Chicken Laksa. 250g pot. 177.5 Cals. 8g protein
  • Three Bean & Chipotle Petter. 250g Pot. 180 Cals. 9.5g protein
  • Italian Sausage & Mixed Bean. 250g Pot. 205 Cals. 10.25g protein

Baxters Meal Pots | Baxters.co.uk

violetangel

Thank you weegie - great idea :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

weegie

Revisiting this to say I really do nit like the one with rice in, now I nave tried it the rice is hard and its juts a bit gritty. Even the tuna wasn't as nice. Sorry, the other two. Are really yummy.

ZombieBex

I got some of these - wow they are HUGE to me - it was a shock and a clarity moment when i saw them - iv seen them before and never bought them as "before" they were waaaay to small to count as a meal - now i look at it looks like a massive 3 course meal -

seems smaller stomach means i have better food perception overall - this may sound so divvy of me but it was a really lightbulb moment for me how much my relationship with food has changed in such a short time

weegie

I got some of these - wow they are HUGE to me - it was a shock and a clarity moment when i saw them - iv seen them before and never bought them as "before" they were waaaay to small to count as a meal - now i look at it looks like a massive 3 course meal - seems smaller stomach means i have better food perception overall - this may sound so divvy of me but it was a really lightbulb moment for me how much my relationship with food has changed in such a short time

It varies day by day but normally I can eat most of one of these. I do seem to be able to eat more than most bypassers, which sometimes is annoying, but overall I am not sure how I would go about getting adequate protein otherwise. It is a struggle now.

Before my bypass I would have had to have bread/potato and a green salad to even remotely feel full after this. Now my local Lidl had stopped doing these :(. I am off today to a couple of others to see if I can stock up.

Totally agree on relationship with food. It's fuel now.