• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight gain after gp referal darlington

pollybree

Hello I was wondering if you allowed to gain weight between the gp refering you and you 1st appointment? I am guessing that you are not allowed to put weight on after they set you a weight loss target after your initial seminar. I dont have my 1st appointment until 26th feb and i will no doubt gain weight between now and then hopefully just a few pound but I can see it happening already. Any info would be brilliant thanks

The more pounds you lose the more impressed they are and the road to wls becomes that more quicker.

yep as Joe says it shows your in the right frame of mind best to try and watch what your eating. x

I am trying but I think once I get past my 1st appointment and they give me a target I will do better, I feel like I am without any direction at the mo as I am not on a diet and feel a bit out of control which is why I suppose I need help!! Must try harder I think!!

My Dr told me not to lose to much weight(i was on a diet but gave up) before my first appt with hospital cause I needed to keep my BMI the same to still meet the pct criteria. When I got there I was a few pounds heaveir then at my GP's

The hardest part is reaching your goal and maintaining it. Best thing is to surpass it and keep on upping the activity levels and watching the diet. The pounds do shed off and stay off, you've got to leave the bad habits behind you.

Thanks carebare thats what I was a bit worried about, my bmi is not overly high anyways, it has gone from 40.4-40.8 in the past few weeks. The BMI range at Darlington is 40+ without co morbidities and 35-40 with co morbs. I do not suffer from the 3 main ones but I have serious joint pain and breathlessness and my dad had a heart attack at 45 so I am pretty worried about my health. Looking forward to my seminar on 26th feb !!!xxx

I didn't have any co's either only my bmi by the time I had my surgery I had 2 co's :(
The hospital will set you a weight loss target no matter it you lose or are up a few lbs

Back