• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No beds?

KC76

Hi, not sure where to post this! I was due to have my sleeve on the 24th January, at Sunderland royal hospital, but they rang to say there were no beds and would ring when ones available. The question is how long do people reckon, is a fair amount of time before i start chasing things up? I hate ringing the secretaries! And to be honest the nurse has been no help what so ever. Thanks.

Oh no, nightmare :( I'd be chasing now though I think. Were you doing a LRD too?

Hi and thanks for the reply, i was on the LRD when they cancelled i had 3 or4 days left on it so it completed the 10 days, which was required pre surgery. Ive kept the weight off too :D

I would chase them now. Are you still on the LRD? If not then you will need to know when to start again, as they may assume (depending on who gave you the message about the bed and knows about LRD) you are still on it?

Great you are keeping the weight off.

Sorry your op was cancelled Hope you have managed to chase them up. Good luck!

Hi people, i chased up my surgery and im pleased to say im going in the 13th march for op 14th, got the nervous excitement, ive got to stop the overthinking i think!! Got to do the liver reducing diet again, i think i will vom if i see cottage cheese post surgery :D and of course the prep clinic. with my non existent veins :D

Yay congrats, must be so nice to finally have a new date! That's the same surgery date as me! :) I'm with a different hospital though (King's).

Good luck both of you :D

I think that's fairly standard ;)

Back