• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No Energy!

Sarahmaria

I'm day 3 post op vsg. Trying my best to get in protein and fluids (not quite succeeding!). Just wondering if anyone else lost all their energy after op. I can barely stay awake. So tired. Everything feels like too much effort. Had to talk myself in to getting up to go to the toilet. Apart from that im just very sore epigastrically (not over an incision oddly enough) and bit of sorr throat. Ok otherwise

Sm

Xx

I'm day 3 post op vsg. Trying my best to get in protein and fluids (not quite succeeding!). Just wondering if anyone else lost all their energy after op. I can barely stay awake. So tired. Everything feels like too much effort. Had to talk myself in to getting up to go to the toilet. Apart from that im just very sore epigastrically (not over an incision oddly enough) and bit of sorr throat. Ok otherwise

Sm

Xx

Hi there sorry you not feeling good, you say your having a problem getting the
protein and fluids in, could you elaborate on why? is it sickness or just not wanting too, do you not like the milk drinks etc?

Thanks

Yeah i just feel a bit too full or something. Must try better today!

Hi Sarah, day 3 you're really still getting over the anesthetic and the sleepless nights in hospital. Just walk gently around the house to keep your legs active, but you need to let yourself rest.

As for the protein, just concentrate on fluids. Slowly, slowly. Have a slimfast (if I recall, one bottle lasted me a day in those early days)

Just remember, each day gets easier.

As bear said..dont worry fatigue is normal, you are healing and recovering. Get those fluids in, slim fast and chocolate milk were my friends then...you wont get much in to start with..i was on a few hundred calories for the first month or two. Good luck x

Back