• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

(UPDATE) O/T Advice needed..severe Flu (plus new Q..)

Hey everyone..

well after reading your advice and supporting messages from last post.. and after being so poorly over the weekend, I rung drs on Mon 28th as had blood tests booked for weds 30th and asked for GP to ring me back after explaining had all the flu symptoms and nhs direct said yes had swine flu but pandemic site said no I didnt have.. talk about confusing.. .. anyway..

Gp rung me back at end of morning surgery, explained how weekend had been, all symptoms etc and he dropped the bombshell.. 'Yes Mands, you do have swine flu however as your temperature has peaked over weekend and dropped, you are on recovering side and the Tamiflu wont help you any so continue as you have been doing til now and if temp rises or you get worse then ring us back and we'll arrange something for you'

could have knocked me down with a feather.. but after being in bed for 4 days, constant headaches, taking cold n flu capsules, trying to eat least once a day and drink my fluids..

you'll be glad to hear that am definately much better.. I've got a slight sore throat still, still getting cold shivers and have a cough but my energy is slowly returning.. :)

Just wish my appetite would though.. :confused: since had 2nd fill, my 'feeling of hunger' has dropped quite dramatically and am not sure what to do or how to get it back on track.. I've lost a total of 5lb since having the 2nd fill but had put that down to having S.F. and am getting concerned at how little am eating now..
I cant eat to the clock - as in 3 meals a day - I put weight on! Crazy isnt it! Portion sizes arent huge (280g max) but still managed to go up - but lost that and then some.. I dont snack.. I just don't feel hungry.. :sigh:
I'm awake to get daughter out to school at 7am, go back to bed til 9.30am, get up, have shower, get dressed, start chores and am lucky if by 12.30 - I have ANY 'rumbly tum' hungry feelings.. I've been known to be stood in kitchen @ 2.30pm - looking in the fridge as by that point, am starting to get the 'rumbles' and look for something light to put me til 6pm and tea-time.. BUTTTTTTTTT.. if I DO eat anything mid afternoon.. then am not hungry at tea-time, and dont actually end up eating anything else til @ 9.45pm when its a yoghurt and thats more because I know I cant just survive on a single meal daily.. :sigh:

Can anyone please help me sort this as am starting to feel alienated from the family and its really worrying OH at the lack of food am having each day.. (by the way - fill was from 4.5ml to 5.5ml so not huge amount or huge increase either)

Hi Mands, sorry, I have no advice to give but glad you are getting better from the flu. I think that illnesses such as flu would put anyone off their food - maybe yr lack of appetite is partly related to this?
x

Jenni, how long have you been on the weight diet for?!!! My hospital will ask me to go on it for two weeks to shrink my liver before surgery. Maybe your milk diet is different, I am sure I couldn't stick on just a litre of milk plus yoghurts per day for all these months. Good on yer girl! 85 pounds is a fantastic weight loss.

I think its because you've been ill that you're like this sweetheart. the o nly thing I can suggest you do is have plenty of fluids and include some soup in that. You really must eat more than once a day to get you feeling well again. Try the soup even if its just a cuppasoup instead of a tea/coffee and this may help you. Big hugs and hope you feel better soonxxx

Jenni, how long have you been on the weight diet for?!!! My hospital will ask me to go on it for two weeks to shrink my liver before surgery. Maybe your milk diet is different, I am sure I couldn't stick on just a litre of milk plus yoghurts per day for all these months. Good on yer girl! 85 pounds is a fantastic weight loss.

I was on milk diet for 8 days until my op in March of this year. Thankyou for compliment - most weight off since op - 15lbs on milk diet. I've kept the record since beginning milk diet as I see this as part of the op if you see what I mean x

You need to give your body time to recover, how your appetiite is at the moment is a reflection of the virus you are recovering from, not your band, so give it another week and see how you get on. Then if you have concerns, call your batriatic team.

Back