• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No fill for me!

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Hi

I have posted this in my diary but thought I would post a thread too. I went for my check up to day with my band provider and was also booked in for my 1st fill however I came away without one!

The reason being the nurse thinks that I have adequate restriction either from the band (9cc) on its own or from what was put in during the op (cannot determine if there is anything in it though - would need to withdraw it to find out). Im very pleased as I knew I was being restricted and did not want to suffer the effects of too much restriction.

The nurse said a handful of people are like this at my stage (7 weeks post op)and remain this way throughout their journey. Will go for another check up in a month and may then need a fill or you never know I may not! :D

The other good news is that the majority of the weight I have lost is fat (using their high tech scale thingies!).

Maz x

well done maryanne im starting looking forward to my op at preston, and like to keep an eye on how your doing as i know you went there too, i hope im as lucky, as im a bit scared of needles so as least fills as poss for me lol xxheather

Yay, cool.:cool: I thought when I saw title you were disappointed but it's all good.:D

well done maryanne im starting looking forward to my op at preston, and like to keep an eye on how your doing as i know you went there too, i hope im as lucky, as im a bit scared of needles so as least fills as poss for me lol xxheather

You never know! x

I'm being banded in Preston this Saturday. Is the band usually filled a little when the band is put in? I was told some docs do, some dont?
I'm very excited! When were you banded?

Coralie :)

I'm being banded in Preston this Saturday. Is the band usually filled a little when the band is put in? I was told some docs do, some dont?
I'm very excited! When were you banded?

I was banded on 25th April. Its one of those things that varies - Mrs Cakey Bun had her band with WLSG but in London and had some ml's in hers. Different surgeon to the one I had and you will be having. Wish I knew for sure about mine but didnt want a needless needle lol x

Oh was also told my band is Swedish - as Liz (BabyJayne) has called hers Alice, I need some Swedish name suggestions for mine lol any ideas?

I dont blame you not wanting extra injections! The weight is coming off really well, so i guess all is good! Well Done you!

I'm on the pre op diet at the moment...will have done it for 11 days by Saturday. In 2 days 6lbs shot off me...since then, nothing!! :$

How you coping being back on food?

hi coralie and mary ann how long were you both told to do the pre op for preston my paperwork says 7-10 days how long do u thinks best and how about ulrika for a swedish name!! xxheather

I dont blame you not wanting extra injections! The weight is coming off really well, so i guess all is good! Well Done you!

I'm on the pre op diet at the moment...will have done it for 11 days by Saturday. In 2 days 6lbs shot off me...since then, nothing!! :$

How you coping being back on food?

Yep really pleased, if its any consolation I didnt lose any weight on the pre op! was not impressed - its not about loosing weight its about shrinking your liver but any loss definately gives you a boost!

Being back on food is going fine just amazed how little fills me up lol :D

hi coralie and mary ann how long were you both told to do the pre op for preston my paperwork says 7-10 days how long do u thinks best and how about ulrika for a swedish name!! xxheather

Hi Heather, I did it for 10 days just to be on the safe side. When I was at my appointment today they told me about a women whose liver was still very big, they did the op anyway and afterwards she admitted she had only followed it for 3 days. 7 days plus would be my advise, its not as tough as some of the other pre ops x

ok thanks maryann im at a wedding do on the 11th but this is more important so ill just drink water while im there and pretend its something else !! coz i dont want to start my pre op and then cock it up half way as the ops on the 18th xxheather

Hey well done Maryann!! Thats great to hear, i just wish mine was the same lol (I really need a fill now) as I can eat most things and only have a tiny bit of restriction. Good news all round for you today so I'm really happy for you. Take care xxGaynorxx

Hey well done Maryann!! Thats great to hear, i just wish mine was the same lol (I really need a fill now) as I can eat most things and only have a tiny bit of restriction. Good news all round for you today so I'm really happy for you. Take care xxGaynorxx

Ah thanks Gaynor! :D Any idea when you can get a fill?

Maz x

Back