• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No going back - out with the old ...

Lilacglittergirl

Fit and fantastic!
Hey guys

Just wanted to share how weird it is for the clothes-aholic that is me, to be saying cheerio permanently to beloved garments which are now too big, rather than putting them into store while saying to myself "that'll fit me again one day". Because of course, unless something goes disastrously wrong, this time round that will never be the case. It's the strangest of feelings - but great.

Anyone else identify with this? :)

xxx

Last edited:
Tummy control swimsuit only a couple of months old and has become a liability in my twice-weekly aquafit class. During LSD it replaced one of similar design and quality which had been under the considerable stress and strain of my 18.5stone of aquatic physical jerks for six months and had literally burst at the seams.

And, note to self - make appointment to get measured for a new bra!

It's all going on here! :)

Know the feeling! But it's great isnt it?! I'm selling my good clothes on ebay and giving bags full to charity. Problem is all my favourite clothes have now gone and I struggle to find something to wear each day. My remaining clothes are being held up by safety pins! I keep meaning to go shopping but as the weight keeps coming off, I'm a bit reluctant to. It's getting pretty critical now though as I may have a skirt down incident in public soon! Lol but no going back now!

I'm a bit of a clothesaholic too and dont really want to part with the old familiar. Havent lost loads of weight yet but am putting everything in the tumble drier to unstretch them. Its working for now but bought my first 2 sizes smaller t shirt today:)

Yeah, better get in those shops hun, for damage limitation purposes. LOL!

This Summer has seen me lose 3.5stone and I've been OK with the majority of my wardrobe but I'm getting a bit financially panicky about winter clothes as I bought quite alot last year as I was at my biggest (TBH major part of the reason I decided to sort myself out, once and for all!). So where to start ... Bus commuting thick waterproof coat for starters - new one last winter in size 26 but am now an 18. Ho hum! I can feel eBay coming on too xxx

I'm a bit of a clothesaholic too and dont really want to part with the old familiar. Havent lost loads of weight yet but am putting everything in the tumble drier to unstretch them. Its working for now but bought my first 2 sizes smaller t shirt today:)

Congrats! Bet that felt good! xx

I think it's probably better to buy off ebay for now for your winter stuff, get a few bargains, then it won't matter getting rid of them. I don't actually know what size I am at the mo though which is why I need to go into a shop!

How exciting. I bet you'll be blown away when you see what size you are. Do it! And let us know so we can share in your joyousness! xx

Hey guys

Just wanted to share how weird it is for the clothes-aholic that is me, to be saying cheerio permanently to beloved garments which are now too big, rather than putting them into store while saying to myself "that'll fit me again one day". Because of course, unless something goes disastrously wrong, this time round that will never be the case. It's the strangest of feelings - but great.

Anyone else identify with this? :)

xxx

Oh yes, I really know how you feel... It's amazing and exciting, just not sure which clothes to sell, which to give away and which to throw away. Lol

Earlier today I brought the washing in which included one of my three pairs of white trousers...I was about to put it in the ironing pile when I realized that I will probably never wear them again as bypass is only 7 weeks away and all being well they will never fit me again.

It's an amazing feeling isn't it... I have to show restraint and put the logical head on though while clothes shopping just now... I see something nice and a bit pricey and go wow I want that ..then I pinch myself and think all in good time but not just now. My bypass was done for medical reasons but the fact that I can now go to peacocks etc etc and get clothes that actually fit, look nice & at prices a fraction of the larger lady shops is a tremendous bonus. As soon as I shrink out of clothes they are bagged up and shipped off to the charity shop :)

Edit ... Meant to add that its heartbreaking the amount of things that I have hardly worn that I have given away. I bought a rooched dress from the USA ..$200 for my daughters wedding last year.. expensive mistake because i was losing weight at the time. It fit me two months before but I had to go buy another cheaper dress two weeks before the wedding a it looked like a sack :cry:. My mum who is a seamstress is trying to perform a miracle with it just now to try and take it in.. From a 36 to an 18... I will be amazed and eternally grateful if she can pull it off.

Last edited:
I just need to get my backside in gear and get rid of a few things, I bought clothes on Yours Clothing only a few months back before I decided to get the op, and some of them I haven't even worn!

I hate clothes shopping, but yesterday was our 19th wedding anniversary so hubby wanted to take me out shopping for a dress to go out. Didn't find any nice dress that would fit my shape yet, but got lovely pair of velour jeans and a gorgeous top from Debenhams, both a size 20, and I feel I maybe should have gone for the 18 trousers as they're on the loose side.

I was a 26/28 in June. :D

It's an amazing feeling isn't it... I have to show restraint and put the logical head on though while clothes shopping just now... I see something nice and a bit pricey and go wow I want that ..then I pinch myself and think all in good time but not just now. My bypass was done for medical reasons but the fact that I can now go to peacocks etc etc and get clothes that actually fit, look nice & at prices a fraction of the larger lady shops is a tremendous bonus. As soon as I shrink out of clothes they are bagged up and shipped off to the charity shop :)

Edit ... Meant to add that its heartbreaking the amount of things that I have hardly worn that I have given away. I bought a rooched dress from the USA ..$200 for my daughters wedding last year.. expensive mistake because i was losing weight at the time. It fit me two months before but I had to go buy another cheaper dress two weeks before the wedding a it looked like a sack :cry:. My mum who is a seamstress is trying to perform a miracle with it just now to try and take it in.. From a 36 to an 18... I will be amazed and eternally grateful if she can pull it off.

It would probably be easier to pick the seams get a pattern and make something new out of the material Hun ;)

It would have been Yve but it is heavily rooched and full of hidden seams. I'll be surprised if my mum manages it.

I wish I could shop in the charity shops you are giving to its going to cost me a fortune as I have nothing smaller than a size 24/26 that I wear now :(

I wish I could shop in the charity shops you are giving to its going to cost me a fortune as I have nothing smaller than a size 24/26 that I wear now :(

A lady once kindly offered to give me some clothing but postage was horrific. Whereabouts are you?

Birmingham - yes postage is sky high :(

I went in a week or so later to have a browse for some smaller clothes and there was nothing of what was mine left. Apparently when larger sizes come in the word gets out fast and the clothes fly off the hangers. I had handed in three bin bags full!!
Many have said why did you not sell on ebay or gum tree etc but to be honest I know what it's like having no money and not being able to splash the cash for a new outfit so if it helps someone get togged up for cheap and helps a charity then I'm happy ;)

I went in a week or so later to have a browse for some smaller clothes and there was nothing of what was mine left. Apparently when larger sizes come in the word gets out fast and the clothes fly off the hangers. I had handed in three bin bags full!!
Many have said why did you not sell on ebay or gum tree etc but to be honest I know what it's like having no money and not being able to splash the cash for a new outfit so if it helps someone get togged up for cheap and helps a charity then I'm happy ;)

Aah, that's so nice of you :D

I'm kicking myself for buying so many new clothes on holiday in the USA in May, a mere MONTH before my surgery! I must have been mad, as nothing bought then now fits me. I bought a beautiful blue blazer and it looks terrible on me now - will be a nice surprise for whoever acquires that from the charity shop, as I've only worn it a few times. Ditto a size XL maxi skirt which actually fell off me last week!

Perhaps I just didn't want to let myself believe that THIS TIME, it will work and so I was in denial ...

I'm now in the habit of keeping a bin bag on the go at all times and chucking stuff in it as and when I try something on and find that it swamps me; then, once the bag is close to full, off it goes. It's a shame we can't organise a meet cum swap shop on here - I bet everyone would have something to donate that would fit someone else!

Back