• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No Longer a Dumping Virgin!!

ladybird_gal

:break_diet::break_diet:The Fallen Angel!!

I have been so careful - oh so very careful. I have avoided sugar as if it was poison, tried new foods only at home -just in case-!! But today was my downfall. Oh my goodness and how!!!
We are having a new boiler fitted at home, so in order to avoid the drilling I took my friend and my daughter to Bicester Village for a retail therapy day.
I've never been before. OOOoo the excitement - Radley, D & G, Nityar, AND of course now that I'm down to size 18 much MUCH more interesting.
Anyway to get on with this sorry tale...
We arrived safely, within minutes the plastic was beginning to melt and so in order to take stock, view bargains and relax we decided to have some lunch.
MMmmm found a nice menu and and chose very carefully. Had poached salmon with a herb salad and some mayo. I know I shouldn't have had a drink with it, but I did need something so I asked the kind waitress whether they did pure fruit juice. Yes she said, orange. So I ordered that.
Our food arrived I ate half my salmon and divided the rest between my daughter and my friend. They had theirs and everyone was happy.
As we began to sort the bill out I started to feel 'strange'.
Pain in my belly - help must find a loo...
Found one although up stairs, climbed what seemed to be as high as Kilimanjaro and thankfully got myself into the cubicle just as ...
No I won't go there - it was not nice.
In addition I was swaythed in perspiration and began to black out.
Then I noticed my phone vibrating. Managed to answer it and tell my daughter (who was on the other end) that I was ill, and where I was.
Sat there for quite some time - glad there wasn't a queue!
Sorted myself out and although still feeling faint I managed to get out of the cubicle.
Next problem...
a steep sraircase... Well I made it safely.
Got out of the restaraunt and found a bench -MY BENCH! and sat there whilst the others shopped and I recovered... which I did, and went on to buy a lovely bargain pair of trousers and a jacket - more than I would have spend, but obviously dumping blurred my resolve and that's what I'll tell my husband if he asks!!!
So I am no longer a virgin when it comes to dumping.
I can only imagine that the orange had sugar in it.
Always a first time for everything!!
And the lesson for today is - always check with the staff - Does it contain sugar?

Take care. x x x

Last edited:
OOh ooh - I have family in Bicester and go to the village for pressie buying - did you like it? TPT Jnr is addicted to the Dior shop and I usually stick to Clarks & The White Company....are you from round there?

So sorry you endured your 1st dump out of home - thank goodness you got over it quickly - I can sympathise - had my 1st and only one 2 weeks post op - mini milks lollies - choc and the vanilla fine, the strawberry was a no-no, like you - hit the loo in seconds!

How much did you spend then? Did you get anything fabby?

How much did you spend then? Did you get anything fabby?

Live in north birmingham so a bit of a trek but well worth it! Loved it. Will go again. Spent far too much! Bought a Radley handbag - off to a wedding in 2 weeks and have been looking everywhere, also trousers and jacket from Nityar - naughty!! also a 'le creuset' dish for the oven and hob. Love, love, love it! x x

I am so sorry. This is one of my biggest fears with the prospect of surgery. I am glad you are okay and still managed to have a good day out.

:( oh ladybird i know what you mean. I have dumped but luckily it was at home. I too have been fanatical about what i am eating and making sure it wont effect me. Then my family got a chinese takeaway. I went over and thought i would just suck on a couple of prawn crackers. That would have been ok but i first dunked them in the hoisin sauce (that came with the duck). Lovely it was !! and then ......
omg it floored me. Had to go to bed after i had visited to loo several times. Dont really know what i would have done had it have been in a restaurant. Lesson learned though!!! I wont do that again xxx

:( oh ladybird i know what you mean. I have dumped but luckily it was at home. I too have been fanatical about what i am eating and making sure it wont effect me. Then my family got a chinese takeaway. I went over and thought i would just suck on a couple of prawn crackers. That would have been ok but i first dunked them in the hoisin sauce (that came with the duck). Lovely it was !! and then ......
omg it floored me. Had to go to bed after i had visited to loo several times. Dont really know what i would have done had it have been in a restaurant. Lesson learned though!!! I wont do that again xxx

It is all a learning curve isn't it. Some people are affected by some things and others aren't. I did want to lie down, but there was nowhere, so just sat and made myself get over it - I think if I'd been at home I would definately have spent the afternoon in bed!

Thank you to everyone for your concern.

x x x

Orange juice has a lot of sugar in it, so you have to be careful and have it in moderation. There shouldn't have been any sugar in the salmon an salad.

Oh that sounds awful LG, and away from home as well. I didn't realise how bad this dumping is for Bypass people.
Very best wishes to you x

Orange juice has a lot of sugar in it, so you have to be careful and have it in moderation. There shouldn't have been any sugar in the salmon an salad.

Thanks Shell - I've been ok with fresh juice up until now - I can even cope with britvic orange. This was freshly squeezed - or so she said - it had bits in, but i'm guessing they added a sugar syrup. Oh well lesson learnt ... x x

A lesson for everyone there to take onboard, thanks for sharing. Glad your okay now xx

:mad: I don't dump!!!

I had my heart set on dumping so it would keep me away from my beloved sugary treats - I can eat anything and not suffer. Ocassionally if I have a latte afterwards I feel lethargic and a bit off and wonder if its a form of dumping but it would n't make sense as I can eat bars of chocolate, fizzy drinks every thing and not suffer.

The worst experience I have had while out was I went to a smoothie bar and decided to be like the hollywood stars and be ultra healthy and have a wheatgrass shot!! OMG I was so ill, never ever again. Don't know if it was just cause it was grass or what but I threw my guts up and was really quite ill for about 4 hours afterwards and I could still taste the wheat grass for hours afterwards!!

Back