• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No Oralistat!

PurpleKylie22

I'm still waiting to here from the NHs / My MSP about my complaint so I got all my heart checks done, they came back fine. My cholesterol is 4.3 so doctors were happy that I'm doing fine. I asked if I could be put back on Oralistat for a proper course (as my previous one was cut short when I was pregnant) Now I'm told there is no Oralistat anywhere! I have tried ringing 5 pharmacist's in Aberdeen and the two out here and no where has any available, they say June is when they think more will in :O

I found one Pharmacy in Aberdeen who does LipoTrim, it is £36 per week! A little out of my price rang right now, I could afford it but it would be a tight squeeze :( Three kids kinda get through any spare cash I have very quickly. I'm thinking that if I don't get anywhere with my MSP then LipoTrim would perhaps be my next step? Anyone done it before?

I'm still waiting to here from the NHs / My MSP about my complaint so I got all my heart checks done, they came back fine. My cholesterol is 4.3 so doctors were happy that I'm doing fine. I asked if I could be put back on Oralistat for a proper course (as my previous one was cut short when I was pregnant) Now I'm told there is no Oralistat anywhere! I have tried ringing 5 pharmacist's in Aberdeen and the two out here and no where has any available, they say June is when they think more will in :O
Thats ridiculous can the Dr not help you source it? good luck x

CU Apparently there is a manufacturing problem? I don't know, it seems really odd that they could just run out of a prescription drug... I cant be the only one. Most places apparently still have stock of Alli (the pay for version of the prescription, so its half strength) but I'm not certain of that.

PurpleKylie22 said:
CU Apparently there is a manufacturing problem? I don't know, it seems really odd that they could just run out of a prescription drug... I cant be the only one. Most places apparently still have stock of Alli (the pay for version of the prescription, so its half strength) but I'm not certain of that.

Lipotrim is a pharmacy run meal replacement diet. Cheaper is a months box of Exante xxx

Lipotrim is a pharmacy run meal replacement diet. Cheaper is a months box of Exante xxx

I definitely cant afford to buy a months worth at a time :( I get money weekly and fortnightly (job seekers for me and partner fortnightly and tax credits weekly) So finding the £100 in one go each month is too much :( I will think about it if I ever find a job though! thank you

will they not give you the Ali on prescription? isnt it just the same as Orlistatt but a lower dosage? I would speak to the GP and tell him whats happening at the Pharmacy that way he can re prescibe Pauline xx

PurpleKylie22 said:
I definitely cant afford to buy a months worth at a time :( I get money weekly and fortnightly (job seekers for me and partner fortnightly and tax credits weekly) So finding the £100 in one go each month is too much :( I will think about it if I ever find a job though! thank you

I understand tight finances so don't worry :) I am using meal replacements at present. I buy them off the low carb megastore x

PurpleKylie22 said:

Its all over the uk, the orlistat section on minimins has more info on this, everyone is struggling to get it so doctors are prescribing alli but double so you still get the same strength as orlistat. X

Fuffs, I found, Slimmm on Approved Foods, it is like the Exante and LipoTrim, but it is from New Zealand and you are meant to do 2 a day plus 1 small meal. Approved foods has outdated ones (from Nov 2011) But as they are all dried there is no problem with using them. For a box of 12 it is £1.49!!! I took the bullet and ordered a few different types, about 3 months worth of supply +5.25 for delivery all came to £29.

Thank you Suzie I will call the doctors :)

PurpleKylie22 said:
Fuffs, I found, Slimmm on Approved Foods, it is like the Exante and LipoTrim, but it is from New Zealand and you are meant to do 2 a day plus 1 small meal. Approved foods has outdated ones (from Nov 2011) But as they are all dried there is no problem with using them. For a box of 12 it is £1.49!!! I took the bullet and ordered a few different types, about 3 months worth of supply +5.25 for delivery all came to £29.

Thank you Suzie I will call the doctors :)

That's amazing!!! What value. Well done. That was a serious find :D

I found one Pharmacy in Aberdeen who does LipoTrim, it is £36 per week! A little out of my price rang right now

PurpleKylie,

I only found out (too late) that at my hospital once you have funding approved for a bypass (or sleeve or band) your funding *can* (sometimes) include attendance on the Cambridge Diet programme.

Some Whittington peeps have this included with their funding application and get to go on the VLCD (very low calorie diet) for up to 12 weeks (or more) prior to the operation.

Sadly I only found this out too late and have been allocated the food based diet, which I am happy with as it will only cost me £20 a week to buy lots of skinny salads and soups !!!

Ask your bariatric team whether any kind of VLCD, particularly Cambridge, can be included in your funding .... that could save you shelling out money on an expensive programme like LipoTrim (or Xante).

Soz I did not see that when I posted my reply -- that is obviously a cheap solution to a VLCD !!!

Sharonimo said:
Soz I did not see that when I posted my reply -- that is obviously a cheap solution to a VLCD !!!

Yeah, the best type lol

I bought cambridge packs off a guy, packs of the lowcarbmegastore and avidlite and I seem to be doing well. Wish Birmingham had offered 12 weeks on Cambridge lol

i heard there was a fire at the factory lol theres none anywhere in the country x

do u genuinely need it? or do you need it to be on your doctors records?

do u genuinely need it? or do you need it to be on your doctors records?
Its a little of both Caren, last time I did it, it was 5 years ago and I didnt do it for very long as I was put onto anti depresseion meds and then fell pregnant... it wont affect my odds up here since im already rejected for WLS as my BMI is under 60. So it doesnt make a differnce but I am not getting any other help and there isnt anything else I can do in this area that doesn't cost money. So I figured I might aswell give it a proper run, do 6, months + of it. IF I move down to Leicester, they like to see that you have stuck with these type programes for at least 6months so it would help being on my record as well as the possability that maybe... it might actually help. Im trying to do a low cal diet at the same time, using My Fitness Pal and trying to do it properly this time. I think before I was working and honestly I dont know how much effort I put into it. I think I felt it was just another fad diet thing and I lost maybe a lb or two a fortnight and was ... disheartened.

PurpleKylie,

I only found out (too late) that at my hospital once you have funding approved for a bypass (or sleeve or band) your funding *can* (sometimes) include attendance on the Cambridge Diet programme.

Some Whittington peeps have this included with their funding application and get to go on the VLCD (very low calorie diet) for up to 12 weeks (or more) prior to the operation.

Sadly I only found this out too late and have been allocated the food based diet, which I am happy with as it will only cost me £20 a week to buy lots of skinny salads and soups !!!

Ask your bariatric team whether any kind of VLCD, particularly Cambridge, can be included in your funding .... that could save you shelling out money on an expensive programme like LipoTrim (or Xante).

That would be nice, but I have been rejected for WLS :( My area will only accept BMI of 60+ or Type 2 diabetes, (un)fortunately I am surprisingly healthy for a person of my weight so I don't qualify

good luck honey xxx

Back