• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

no restriction?

lush1972

hi guys i am now 6 days post op and still feel really good just bored with the liquid stage as iam not really a soupy person lol,so when having the cup a soups a few spoon full and iam like no more please but today good old mum cooked my fav spanish soup and blended the bits in it was deliciousbut while i only had 3/4 of a cup i felt i could easily have more (but didnt) and now iam worried that maybe iam not going to have any restriction...please help:cry:

Don't worry.....liquid and purees go down easily with a sleeve........wait till you try solid food......you'll be pleasantly shocked!

while i only had 3/4 of a cup i felt i could easily have more (but didnt) and now iam worried that maybe iam not going to have any restriction...please help:cry:

Ditto what angeeb said, really.

But I also went through exactly the same mental colly wobbles after the op -- particularly why can I drink so much ???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I had some stupid idea in my head that because the sleeve op retains the pylorus valve that it would "hold" liquids in ..... but it sure does not !!

I am now 4 weeks out and my new maximum quantities are:

-- 300 grams of soup
-- 200 grams mushy food (e.g. runny cottage cheese)
-- 100 grams of solid food (e.g. corned beef, chicken, tuna, etc)

The more solid things are the LESS of them I can have, and the more "liquidy" the greater the quantity.

Although I do still have one protein shake or soup per day, I try to make sure my other two meals now are solid food, because I know that I will only be able to have a small amount, and it will keep me full up for a long time.

hiya,im 11 days post op and also on the liquid stage with no restriction,i get my 1st fill june 19th,i do get hungry but i restrict myself,i havent put myself thru this for nothing and it will get better,think positive itll make u feel much better xxx

Back