• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

no restriction at all

BandyEmm

Aghhh i have no restriction what so ever,

Am on the blended grub and i dont get that full feeling,

Roll on my first fill, as at the moment im starting to think its a bit pointless at the mo.

A fed up Emm,

this is very normal to feel this way, the initial restriction is only from the op swelling when that goes you will have no restriction at all untill the fill process starts it sounds like you need to be moving to the next stage, when did they say you can try solid food?

Solid food is week 5-6, altho i did try a chicken salad not long ago and was fien with that, told the dr at the hospital last week and she said as long as i chewed it to a baby food texture it was ok,

So i think tbh i will just go to normal food as im so hungry often too, will just eat the right things and listen to my stomach...

7th may is my first fill, ages away :( i was hoping for good weightloss but that sure isnt happening for me :(
my pre-op weightloss was good, but post op it simply isnt happening :( xx

This is quite normal and you will need to be patient. I have just had my first fill and still don't have any restriction (only when I eat too quickly and then I am sick). I am not getting a feeling of fullness with anything.

Try and stick to a low cal diet between now and your first fill.

I know I have said this many times before but the last thing my consultant said to me as I was going to theatre was "you will probably not lose any weight for several months, until we get the fills and restriction to a good level".

I try to keep this in my mind when my weight loss is slow.

Don't get too glum, it will work, but it will take time x

Thanks hun, i know i need to find some patients, I guess i had too high of expectations so soon. The weight took 13 years to go on so it isnt going to come off over night..

I will stick to a low fat diet, in small portions, Least then i wont be ready to bite someones head off for food :D
Have upped my fluid intake too as i was struggling with 4 pints a day, but now i have at least 3 pints with NAS squash.
I need to chill with the weightloss thing as im stressy over it and wake up at night with regrets and negative thoughts, I suppose once the wound has healed i will feel better about it as at the moment that is also getting me down, so one thing at a time :)
Thanks for the kind words girls i really appreciate them,
I hate keep ranting on here but i dont have family who understand and willl listen unfortunaltey so apart from you guys here im a one women bandit going it alone with no support etc :(

hugs to you all xxx

I understand where you're coming from Emm, I can eat more now that the swelling is going down, and it is so hard not to just eat anything! I thinkEaster is even harder as I would love to have some chocolate but know it is not a good thing! When is your first fill? Mine is on April 21st, and I hope I do get some restriction, even if it is only a tiny bit. Until then I am eating smaller portions of high protein stuff, last night I cooked spaghetti bolognese for my 6 year old's birthday tea choice, and I had bolognese, no spaghetti and some mashed cauli. Not quite the same but worth it in the long run!

Thanks hun, my first fill is 7th may so a while yet unfortunaltey, xxx

Back